Tex's 200 Series

CFMGarage

What's next on the mods list? This is one of the few vehicles that makes me question my vehicle choice. I'm surprised the windows aren't darker, doesn't Texas let you tint them deep?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
What's next on the mods list? This is one of the few vehicles that makes me question my vehicle choice. I'm surprised the windows aren't darker, doesn't Texas let you tint them deep?

The darkest you can go in Texas for front tint is 25%. I am not a fan of really dark rear windows with the fronts transitioned to a lighter tint, I prefer it all to match. Not to mention that really dark tint makes it extremely difficult to see out of at night, my blind as a bat wife doesn't need it to any harder to see than it already is for her horrid eyes lol.

Skid plates are en route, next up will be sliders and then either bumpers and a winch or drawers. Ultimately it'll end up with a drawer system, a flat roof rack, front and rear bumpers with a winch and a pair of lights out front. I hope to have it fully built by next summer and then parked and used solely for camping/hunting/off-road/cross-country trips.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Cheapo bubble level in the upper console lid for checking level at camp. Double sided tape keeps it in place.

yDgaHA1.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Whoa what? I must've missed the lift, tires and wheels. Looks good! How do you like the kayak?
Is it mainly for tooling around or do you fish from it?

Haha, yea I guess I forgot to update the thread. 2" OME, SPC UCA's, Dobinsons adjustable rear track bar, 285/75/17 BFG KO2's, 17x8.5 Nomad Arvo 502's with King's on order.

This is technically a fishing hybrid sit inside and while it occasionally see's use for fishing it is more of a general purpose boat in my fleet as an option to load lots of gear for multi-day river trips. It has it's benefits as well in more inclement weather being that you stay drier and are more protected from the wind.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Subscribed and Following! (also thinking about picking up a 200).

Note: Careful with the Slee "formed" sliders.

I had a set on my Tundra and folded the hell out of them in death valley.

I've been a slee customer since their early days and love all his stuff, but the formed sliders not so much

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Subscribed and Following! (also thinking about picking up a 200).

Note: Careful with the Slee "formed" sliders.

I had a set on my Tundra and folded the hell out of them in death valley.

I've been a slee customer since their early days and love all his stuff, but the formed sliders not so much

Yea I have heard the same. I still love the simplicity and look of the standard sliders but I am not considering Metal Tech and White Knuckle as well. And you should definitely get a 200 if you can find a late model for a decent price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior