Tex's 200 Series

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Congratulations. I went with the White Knuckle off road sliders. Easy install , available and much cheaper than Slee.
I would look into one of the 3 auxiliary fuel tanks by Long Range America. I have the 40 gallon auxiliary tank in it is probably the best single upgrade I've done to the truck.
I also upgraded the suspension as well as put on a Dobinson rear bumper

Attachments

• IMG_20210105_222745.jpg
    IMG_20210105_222745.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 180

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Congratulations. I went with the White Knuckle off road sliders. Easy install , available and much cheaper than Slee.
I would look into one of the 3 auxiliary fuel tanks by Long Range America. I have the 40 gallon auxiliary tank in it is probably the best single upgrade I've done to the truck.
I also upgraded the suspension as well as put on a Dobinson rear bumper

I had some WNO sliders on another vehicle, quality stuff for sure, I'll have to take a look at the ones he offers for the 200. I am considering the LRA on the GX, I held off on the 33 gallon I had waiting for me at the shop to get my hands on a 24 gallon instead. I will consider one for the 200 as well but it'll be down the road a bit.

I love your build! Which suspension kit and tire size are you running? I love the steelies, a little touch of old school.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Curious if you folks do interior build outs to sleep in, etc on new high end LC's like the 200 series? Or do folks just modify the exterior?

There are plenty of 200's with interior build outs such as drawers and even sleeping platforms. I hate to say it but head over to Ih8mud and poke around over there for a more extensive 200 series and overall Land Cruiser forum experience. Maybe the mods will get with the program and add a 200 Series section here so that we can grow this site even further.

bkg

Explorer
Maybe the mods will get with the program and add a 200 Series section here so that we can grow this site even further.

do you think another sub forum will help attract traffic? Almost all of the forums i've watched over the years that get caught up in a sub forum for each unique vehicle/model/area of focus, sees a decline...

I'm just curious. I imagine it's a balancing act.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Hence why I have the GX as well. Different tools for different jobs. The LC is a life long keeper, the GX I am not attached to and will likely be replaced with something else in the next 2-3 years, but until then the build will continue to evolve.
Yeah, I have been gravitating to the size of the GX, it's just better for me.

Maybe you can sell me yours, as I won't be making a move for a couple of years I doubt. :)

ITTOG

Knowing that the 200 series is essentially dead and all but very few are sold, I went ahead and did a thing.......

SYB1lsw.jpg
Nice. I like that so much better than the Lexus.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
do you think another sub forum will help attract traffic? Almost all of the forums i've watched over the years that get caught up in a sub forum for each unique vehicle/model/area of focus, sees a decline...

I'm just curious. I imagine it's a balancing act.

Who knows, it's hard to say without trying. I still find the traffic to be down in the areas that I frequent but the moderator in your thread claimed the opposite so who knows. Sadly I think the forum is growing in a different direction focused on a different type of reader with interest in more modern and less off-road worthy vehicles like crossovers with AWD. You can't fight change.

Yeah, I have been gravitating to the size of the GX, it's just better for me.

Maybe you can sell me yours, as I won't be making a move for a couple of years I doubt. :)

I'll holler when she's for sale, it'll probably be another two or so years and it'll be floating around 80-90K miles. I imagine it'll be fully built and sell for over book value, just FYI.

LOL

Nice. I like that so much better than the Lexus.

Me too, at least from an aesthetics stand point. I'll miss the double pane glass and usability of the AHC. But I am looking forward to building a true Land Cruiser.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
What a nice car! Congratulation!

overland-vehicle-preparation-overlanding-fahrzeugumbau-offroad-tips-erfahrungen-r%25C3%25BCckblick.JPG

Maybe you are interested to see, which upgrades I would NOT do again, after 8 Years of travelling (over 68`500 Miles / 110'000km) from a Transafrica till shipping the car to soth america?

It not means I regret some of the upgrades, but they arent all useful for exploring the world... There is a translate Button to the right :)

If you like to see more pictures: here - the crusier is AHC equipped and my tiny home for travelling: 2 Seats left, a comfy bed in the rear, a fridge, freezer, hot shower (outside) - did live in it over an year during my trips...

4x4tripping

Last edited:

Spencer for Hire

What a nice car! Congratulation!

overland-vehicle-preparation-overlanding-fahrzeugumbau-offroad-tips-erfahrungen-r%25C3%25BCckblick.JPG

Maybe you are interested to see, which upgrades I would NOT do again, after 8 Years of travelling (over 68`500 Miles / 110'000km) from a Transafrica till shipping the car to soth america?

It not means I regret some of the upgrades, but they arent all useful for exploring the world... There is a translate Button to the right :)

If you like to see more pictures: here - the crusier is AHC equipped and my tiny home for travelling: 2 Seats left, a comfy bed in the rear, a fridge, freezer, hot shower (outside) - did live in it over an year during my trips...

4x4tripping
What year is this LC?

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I had some WNO sliders on another vehicle, quality stuff for sure, I'll have to take a look at the ones he offers for the 200. I am considering the LRA on the GX, I held off on the 33 gallon I had waiting for me at the shop to get my hands on a 24 gallon instead. I will consider one for the 200 as well but it'll be down the road a bit.

I love your build! Which suspension kit and tire size are you running? I love the steelies, a little touch of old school.

Thanks I have the OME heavy front and rear (1300lbs). No need for BP-51, so many like , as I'm not Baja racing.

I'm running 275/70/18 BFG KM3's M/Ts on Tundra wheels

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thanks I have the OME heavy front and rear (1300lbs). No need for BP-51, so many like , as I'm not Baja racing.

I'm running 275/70/18 BFG KM3's M/Ts on Tundra wheels

Tundra steel wheels? Are you running wheel spacers? If so, which ones?

4x4tripping

Adventurer
What year is this LC?

It is from 2011 european spec. This means near full spec, with AHC, Crawl, and armrest Fridge, Front/Rear Parking Sensors, cludes four-zone climate control air conditioning, full-map satellite navigation with Hard Disc Drive (HDD), Bluetooth, rear parking monitor, premium 14-speaker JBL sound system with six-DVD autochanger, on-board digital music library (as part of HDD navigation system) a pre-crash safety system automatically tensions the driver and passenger front seatbelts when sensors detect a dangerous situation, such as the vehicle spinning or emergency braking..

And a Diesel V8 Biturbo Engine with 289hp and 650 nm - details you find here and attached

Attachments

• Landcruiserv8.pdf
    206.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I'll holler when she's for sale, it'll probably be another two or so years and it'll be floating around 80-90K miles. I imagine it'll be fully built and sell for over book value, just FYI.
Yeah, I get it. Odds are low it would work out but I do have family in Texas, so...

Congrats on the 200, I am jelly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94