Teraflex Falcon 3.3 Shocks- Install & Review

Happykamper

Explorer
I just ran down to Yosemite area for a couple of days of hiking kayaking . Have the RTT on top and the yaks. Plus the fridge and stove in Barack . My jeep also has a Gobi style rack only better courtesy of wickedvan a EP member who built it. Anyway I have the shocks set at 3. It's firm and handles flipping great. I saw your response the other day and was running around at 2.6 and was really very happy there also. I might would go a bit lower if I took the RTT off just to see. But I like the tent there for spur of the moment and I'm digging the way these perform at the 3.0 so I think 2.6 and 3 is my settings !!! Blue thank you for the review again and for this awesome ride.

Oh yes I did a little playing with these and wow wow wow .....

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
I just ran down to Yosemite area for a couple of days of hiking kayaking . Have the RTT on top and the yaks. Plus the fridge and stove in Barack . My jeep also has a Gobi style rack only better courtesy of wickedvan a EP member who built it. Anyway I have the shocks set at 3. It's firm and handles flipping great. I saw your response the other day and was running around at 2.6 and was really very happy there also. I might would go a bit lower if I took the RTT off just to see. But I like the tent there for spur of the moment and I'm digging the way these perform at the 3.0 so I think 2.6 and 3 is my settings !!! Blue thank you for the review again and for this awesome ride.

Oh yes I did a little playing with these and wow wow wow .....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I might have to re-visit the 3 setting, I didn't spend much time there in the beginning :)

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
If I go back to a JK, Teraflex is going in for everything under it....again!

Our other Jeep (2016 Willys) has been in the body shop since April 15 and they can't seem to get the frame straight (t-boned at 50 MPH). At this point I'm hoping they total it, and if so I'll put Teraflex under the new one too. The 'Willys has a Teraflex 2.5" coil lift.

If we build another one this year I have my eye on their new ALPINE CT3 lift. TF built a Gobi color 2 door that the wife and I are in love with, I'll likely mimic their build:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Ha ha..won't be anytime soon....unless I win some money...Starting the business takes a big financial toll on ya. maybe in a few years! When everyone is unloading their JKs for the new one!

kojackJKU

I bet ya go back.

Just found something new....I think I'm going with a new Tacoma double cab TRD in white. My buddy has a demo unit, I had it out for a run. Right away it was way more comfy than the JK, and almost 10k cheaper NEW than the white willys I priced up. Add to that better on gas, more capacity, both cargo and towing, all the creature comforts etc. Seems like my next rig. Not going with the pro because they are 53k and all you get is leather, exhaust, intake and a different suspension. Stuff like that I would be changing out anyways, or keep the exhaust stock etc so the extra money is not worth it.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just found something new....I think I'm going with a new Tacoma double cab TRD in white. My buddy has a demo unit, I had it out for a run. Right away it was way more comfy than the JK, and almost 10k cheaper NEW than the white willys I priced up. Add to that better on gas, more capacity, both cargo and towing, all the creature comforts etc. Seems like my next rig. Not going with the pro because they are 53k and all you get is leather, exhaust, intake and a different suspension. Stuff like that I would be changing out anyways, or keep the exhaust stock etc so the extra money is not worth it.

Believe me I have tried to replace Jeeps. Never found anything as fun. Always find something with better MPG, more comfy and cheaper. My thinking is if you keep looking at Jeeps then you will never be truly happy with something else. Nothing can be personalized as much as the Jeep and that's the biggest reason I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happykamper

Explorer
Just dropped in to see if there was anything new on the Falcons :) nope ....but the funny part is I'm thinking of getting a 2017 Tacoma dblcab TRD off-road also. I have a 2004 taco I bought from a member a few months back. And after taking care of a bunch of things he " didn't think would matter" lol ., I love the thing. I really don't think I would buy one to replace my jeep , well as that's probably breaking the 11th commandment ....thou shalt not get rid of my jeep.
But damn there very nice and quite capable !!! Not jeep capable but nothing is. Not a rock crawler unless it's in between me and where I want to be. But the 04 taco has gotten me everywhere . I think a 2.75 ICON stage four will do it fo suspension lock the front rehear to 4;88 nitto trail grappler 33" bead locks a rack for the RTT and kayaks and a Fab Four vengeance front and rear bumper. Fab Four sliders front skid plate and underbelly . ARB twin compressor under hood. Dang it I just sold a couple extras I thought I would not use. Some rigid lights and call it good !!
But then again I just got finished with the 04 . :(

kojackJKU

My jeep is already gone. Don't really miss it. Plus towing a camper etc will be much better with the taco TRD. As for the "personalization" the aftermarket is PLENTY BIG for the taco as well. The overall build quality of the Toyota is MILES ahead of the Jeep as well. But that's a "jeep thing" had one and understand...ha ha. Just time to move to something different but still capable. Like I said, with the savings between the willys and the TRD, I will be adding ARB lockers, skids, winch mount, cap, Lighting suspension and airbags. I will still be under the cost of the willys with 2 tops.

HK did you drive a new one yet?

Pjz

Thought I would add to the discussion. Installed the Falcon 3.1's on my JKU with a 2.5 AEV lift and 35" wildpeaks. They are far better than the bilsteins that were on.
Install was pretty easy as noted. My rear driver side brake line rubbed just a touch and wore a small hole in the decal - just check that on yours when you install. Have one 3 day trip on them. Performance was excellent. Only note to add is the rear could be a bit stiffer for a rig full of camp gear and a fridge. Day to day driving is fine. The guys at Teraflex are great.

IMG_6341.jpg
IMG_6338.jpg
IMG_6342.jpg
IMG_6344.jpg

kojackJKU

Thought I would add to the discussion. Installed the Falcon 3.1's on my JKU with a 2.5 AEV lift and 35" wildpeaks. They are far better than the bilsteins that were on.
Install was pretty easy as noted. My rear driver side brake line rubbed just a touch and wore a small hole in the decal - just check that on yours when you install. Have one 3 day trip on them. Performance was excellent. Only note to add is the rear could be a bit stiffer for a rig full of camp gear and a fridge. Day to day driving is fine. The guys at Teraflex are great.

View attachment 402809
View attachment 402810
View attachment 402811
View attachment 402812

Awesome. They look great. FYI you could replace the bilstiens with 4 pieces of 4x4 lumber and it would ride better...but these new falcon shocks are THE BEEs KNEES! It looks like any version of them are AMAZING!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior