Supplement Question: Aerobic and Anaerobic

Amauri

Explorer
If you are trying to lean up look into ketogenic diets. What you eat is the most important thing, you have to eat right, sleep right, and you have to be an animal in the gym. SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good sup company: http://controlledlabs.com/

Just buy their stuff from vitamineshoppe or bodybuilding.com much cheaper. Or if you want some real good stuff I know a guy who knows a guy.......

Last edited:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Some of the best things for recovery are the most strait forward. Guys are always looking for blender potions and magic bullets when often the best solution is often as simple as proper hydration, optimal diet, good rest, etc. I'm always suspect of anyone who advises anyone take this or do that. It ideally starts with better understanding your own nutritional landscape and how your needs fit into it. Once you figure out what your nutritional plan is, you can then figure out how to supplement that plan with these various non-foods.
+1000!!!!

That said there are 4 things that I use. I take 10 grams of glutamine before a workout and I sip on another 10 during my workout. About a half an hour after my workout I typically have a banana with 30-35 grams of whey in water. I will also consume another approx. 70 grams of whey at various points throughout the day. In addition I take 6000 mg of omega 3's, 2k+2k+2k with my 3 main meals, and a multi usually with lunch or dinner.

It should be noted that as far as training goes I'm a runner first and formost, but I do weight train for about 45min. approx. 3 times per week.

My diet consists primarily of veg, nuts, berry fruits, beans and fish. I don't eat a lot of meat or starchy carbs like pasta, but I do eat a fair share of eggs, probably more than I should.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
If you are trying to lean up look into ketogenic diets. What you eat is the most important thing, you have to eat right, sleep right, and you have to be an animal in the gym. SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good sup company: http://controlledlabs.com/

Just buy their stuff from vitamineshoppe or bodybuilding.com much cheaper. Or if you want some real good stuff I know a guy who knows a guy.......

Good advice. Just remember to not put your body in a ketogenic state for more than 3 days in a row or it will go into starvation mode. Always make the 4th day a "higher" carb day - refer to my other post on what I mean by "higher" carbs.

I second the opinion of Controlled Labs. Very good, very reputable company. Great products.

Amauri

Explorer
Good advice. Just remember to not put your body in a ketogenic state for more than 3 days in a row or it will go into starvation mode. Always make the 4th day a "higher" carb day - refer to my other post on what I mean by "higher" carbs.

I second the opinion of Controlled Labs. Very good, very reputable company. Great products.

Yeah I mountain bike a few times a week so I up my carbs by about 50 grams on those days and I do it the two meals before. On regulars days I try and keep my carb intake to about 30 and I have one carb up day before my biggest lift day, either legs/back.

Controlled labs is great I've tried almost every single one of their products and was satisfied, my favorite is White Flood.

Right now I'm taking a creatine monohydrate, fish oil, glucosamine, bcaa's and a multi-vitamin.

93BLAZER

Explorer
Creatine.

I was kinda partial to creatine ethyl ester. I found that creatine mono hydrate upset my stomach and gave me the runs. Plus to achieve the full effect of creatine monohydrate, it is suggested you take it with apple or grape juice. after a few weeks, it would come out the other end in the same form. I would suggest the Muscletech brand.

I had good results with high doses of L -arginine and glutamine. I consumed 200-300 grams of protein a day. Tuna fish and chicken breasts were about 90% of my diet. Huge amounts of water were also the norm.

I also had good results with an Amino Acid supplement from the vitamin shop in addition to a good Kirkland Signature brand multivitamin.

1 hour pre workout: 10g of Creatine Ethyl Ester, 1000g L-arginine, 5 pills of Vitamin Shoppe BCAA's
30 min pre workout: 40-55 casein protein shake.

1.5 workout HEAVY weight lifting
(.5 liter FLAT Dr pepper during workout)

30min post workout: 10g glutamine mixed with 40-55 protein shake
1 hour post: 1000 L-argnine, 5 pills of Vitamin Shoppe BCAA's

1.5 cardio

copious amounts of water throughout the day.

I followed this during for feb 2007-jan 2008. I put on a massive amount of muscle mass.

Last edited:

RusM

Adventurer
What's the idea behind consuming 750 calories of refined sugars during such a short workout?

Weight lifting is quote a bit different than cardio and by sipping on a protein (must have!)/carb slurry during your workout you will have a better workout. There are actual scientician style documentaries of this effect, but it's easier to just say that it works.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I don't think I could drink flat Dr Pepper and then leg press 1200 or 1300 pounds without doing a technicolor yawn all over myself...

Amauri

Explorer
To each his own.

Out of curiosity... what would you suggest?

Costs half as much for twice the servings. Stack that with some purple wraath and some white flood. I like Green mag because you dont get boated like other creatines.
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=E6-1009

Or just some regular monohydrate and food. A proper diet and proper training will get you farther than supplements will but they do help. My favorite supplement is White Flood, try it and you will know why(you have to cycle it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94