Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

eg23

Does anyone have a Super Pacific on a new Ford Ranger?

I’m curious if satellite radio and GPS still work with the antenna covered by the cab over. Please send a PM if you have any feedback.

Hi,
I have a Snap Treehouse on my 2021 Ranger and it has a had no effect at all on any reception.
I don’t think it’s something you need to worry about.
You will have to switch to a stubby antenna though.

What terms and conditions drew you away? I haven't read them, but the sp interests me.

The deposit was non refundable which in itself is ok, but should have a force majeure clause to protect both SP and customer. The partial pay as you go policy seems nonsensical to me, I believe I understand why they’re doing it, I just don’t like it.

If they would add the force majeure clause, and simply have me bring a certified check for the balance, I’d probably go ahead with an order. I believe it is a quality product.

This is a very good question. Also relevant for newer generation F150's. Were you or anyone else able to answer this?
I decided not to purchase a SP because of their contract terms, so never pursued a solid answer. When speaking to their sales team the only answer I received was something like… we’ve never had a complaint.

I still think it’s a good product.

I decided not to purchase a SP because of their contract terms, so never pursued a solid answer. When speaking to their sales team the only answer I received was something like… we’ve never had a complaint.

I still think it’s a good product.
Thank you.

I did some digging and noticed the only signal you'll lose on the F150 is the Sirius Sat. The two antennas which will be covered would be the Cellular Modem (AT&T) and Satellite Radio. The metal would only interfere directly with Sirius, cellular should be mostly left unaffected as it is not satellite based. The GPS module in the F150 is at the windshield and should not be affected at all.

Though not SP’s fault, the loss of Sirius would have irritated me greatly, and I’m thankful I didn’t purchase. I don’t understand why auto companies see the need to place antennas in the one place that gets a lot of after market accessories.

Thanks for digging.

Though not SP’s fault, the loss of Sirius would have irritated me greatly, and I’m thankful I didn’t purchase. I don’t understand why auto companies see the need to place antennas in the one place that gets a lot of after market accessories.

Thanks for digging.
It's always about the margins. I don't get it either... these trucks have a ton of dash space which can be utilized.

Luckily, I don't use Sat radio, so it won't bother me too much. I'm very pleased with SP's quality, I'm quite biased in favor of making it work out. I do agree with you however, that it would be very irritating if I had to move the antenna.

evdog

You sure seem to have a lot of reasons not to buy a SP! : )

Loss of Sirius is no big deal. I mounted one of these remote antennas up top next to my solar panels and ran the cable down along with the solar cables.

Radio reception was impacted as well, such that I lose reception much sooner than I used to. Even driving around town I'll lose reception to various stations that I used to be able to get all over town. Radio sucks now though, so I haven't missed it a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier