Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

86scotty

Cynic
That's not good news. I've been meaning to email them and get an update on the rest of the first batch of Tundra tops, which I am supposed to be in. I'll report here if I have any contact with them.

Are you following the SP thread on TacomaWorld? It is 200 pages now but has been a great source of up to date info since I started checking it daily months ago. Tacos are getting the lion's share of the attention of course. I'd say 80% of the SP's on the road now are on a Tacoma.

JMyerz

Adventurer
Sorry for the lagged response, I've been on assignment and just catching up.

The fitment to me is great, in person its not that tall at all and allows for a Prinsu or other accessories that might be coming down the line to bolt under the front side of the camper. I have very minimal (almost none) wind noise. As far as the rear gap goes its a design element that again in person looks far better than the photo. I personally love it as I'm a slightly obsessed surfer and love having that little "step" to get on the roof to load boards up. From a design perspective it allow for a much cleaner and better user experience with the rear door and tail gate interaction.

The spacing in the front looks amazing and follows the lines really well. Washing windows right now might be a little tricky though, before I put the camper on I sealed the rear window with a product from Griots Garage and so far it keeps the whole setup very clean. I know they are working on a drop down front window like a traditional camper that will help with this.

The shop is absolutely slammed and their doing their best with getting back to everyone ASAP and I know there is a stack of Tundras being built !

Quick question JMyerz, how is the fitment from the roof to the underside of the X1? My Tundra is a 2019 and it does not have the "shark fin" antenna on the roof, I am curious if the gap is excessive. It also looks like from your picture that the back edge of the shell doesn't extend all the way to the rear of the bed, I am guessing that is just the angle of the picture. How is the spacing between the front of the X1 and the rear window of the Tundra? Is it possible to wash the windows?

Sorry for all the questions, but i am hoping to put a deposit down on Monday. Thanks in advance!

toyotarig

Thanks JMyers!

I actually heard back from Josh with an incredibly descriptive email and spoke with Spencer over the phone. Between the two conversations, your pictures, and another members pictures. I put a deposit down, and now the long wait until February begins.

Thanks for the info on the noise and the fitment. Can you actually stand on the bed lip with out slipping off? Would you recommend installing the rack prior to fitting the X1? I am leaning towards getting or making my own roof rack just to fill the gap. It slightly bothers me that a large portion will be unusable once the camper is on. First world problems.

86scotty

Cynic
Thanks JMyers!

I actually heard back from Josh with an incredibly descriptive email and spoke with Spencer over the phone. Between the two conversations, your pictures, and another members pictures. I put a deposit down, and now the long wait until February begins.

Thanks for the info on the noise and the fitment. Can you actually stand on the bed lip with out slipping off? Would you recommend installing the rack prior to fitting the X1? I am leaning towards getting or making my own roof rack just to fill the gap. It slightly bothers me that a large portion will be unusable once the camper is on. First world problems.

Hopefully you got in before the prices went up again? :oops:

toyotarig

Hopefully you got in before the prices went up again? :oops:
Not to sure, I believe I will be paying about $10,200 with a rear window. How close to your delivery date did they call you to collect the 75% of the balance, or did you get in when they were only collecting 50%?

86scotty

Cynic
Not to sure, I believe I will be paying about $10,200 with a rear window. How close to your delivery date did they call you to collect the 75% of the balance, or did you get in when they were only collecting 50%?

Man, I don't even remember. I am a special case with SP, mostly because I'm a Tundra customer. I'm the second or third Tundra customer and put down $500 last August. There were many ups and downs, delays and letdowns (many because of Covid) around the Tundra models specifically while SP has continued to turn out Tacoma tops day after day. I am on good terms with Spencer and the gang but my original promise of 3 months or so (which would be last October) is way, way gone. It's fine, though I definitely would've liked to use it this Spring and Summer.

To answer your question more specifically I really don't remember but I put down 75% several months ago. I knew it was coming at that point and had the money sitting there.

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Hey all, I'm looking to buy an earlier build slot if anyone has one for sale. Thanks!

What truck? If it's common like a Tacoma you'll find a ton of activity on these on Tacomaworld. I'm sure some other makes have specific forums as well where you might find some activity specific to your truck. I've seen a few slots bought and sold, or at least offered, on the huge Tacomaworld Super Pacific thread.

Steve_382

It still hard for me to believe it takes a year to get a wedge camper. The welcome screen on the SP website.

11-12 MONTHS
…IS OUR CURRENT ESTIMATE LEAD TIME ON NEW ORDERS

I placed an order on Apr 1/21, and at that time their expectation was to deliver late Sept/early Oct. So far I’ve only received one update from them, back in May. I doubt I’ll take delivery until sometime in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huck

It is frustrating. They are still experiencing delays in aluminum extrusion they need to build the upper part of the camper. It seems it's very very hard to predict when it will be in, and how many campers they will be able to build from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles