Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
With summer shoes
orange.jpg

With winter shoes
DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Subaru Sambar. I wish! It's not mine. This is my friend's Sambar in Montana.
sambar01.jpg

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Love our old Leone Royale. Cheap to run (and was cheap to buy initially), goes anywhere, Hi/Lo range transfer, heavy duty suspension with King Springs , plenty of recovery and Hi-Lift points, good muddies, can carry enough gear for the family to camp for a week on the beach and the rear seats fold flat so that 2 of us can sleep in it if we need too.

And ultra reliable so makes an excellent DD for my wife too.

beach mog 002.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of the old girl, 190k still ticking. Takes us to work everyday...

Attachments

• Copy (1) of IMG_0332_1.jpg
    Copy (1) of IMG_0332_1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 5,503

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Wow, Jackson, if that's you in the last pic, you have brass! If I got stuck, I'd be think'n about copperheadedcotton mouthedwater slinkys..... ganna call ya Gator! LOL

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
My '12 2.5X, a work in progress.
20120908_171910.jpg

Not mine, but it's theThe Primitive Racing Forester, which is the direction I'd like to go with mine. Looking to pick up some aftermarket 16s here soon (snow tires are going on the stockers). Love this look; believe it's got a 1" lift, too.
primitive.jpg

- Andy

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
Now I'm really missing my old Scoobie. I had a '99 and a '02 Outback Sport. If they didn't hold their value so well, I'd like to get another used one for my DD.

Sent from my iPad 5 using Tapatalk HD

wyojoe

Adventurer
Wow, lots of great Subie pics! I've never owned a Subaru, but am considering one for my next daily driver. I'm bored with my Honda Civic, and I have to leave it parked on snowy winter days, for the most part. I like some of the older models, especially those with two speed transfer cases. I guess they don't think the new ones should have them. (ugh!) I would like to have something with better off-pavement handling than what my Civic can do, but with good economy still. Otherwise, I'd just drive my truck all the time, but I can't really afford that.

I'm considering a new Outback, but I want to see the XV Crosstrek first, to see if it would work out better for me. Now after seeing these pictures, I'm thinking about some of the older models, though I'm not quite sure I want that kind of a project for my daily driver. Choices, choices...

Prjktjho

I would definitely look at the xv in person. I was amazed at the clearance and the overall look of the car. I am a Subaru guy so I am partial to them but I think for a daily car to take you anywhere most people actually go on their weekend adventures camping and hiking and stuff, a Subaru, especially an outback or forester is one of the best choices for the job. I love all of the old school subies on here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94