Starting my F150

CountryboyNC

Well I have finally started my f150. It is a 2013 screw with the 5.5 bed and 4x4. It's got the factory rear locker, a 2.5 inch level, 315/70/17 Cooper ST Maxx. They are mounted on black 17.9 American Outlaw Deputy wheels. Most of my build is from Craigslist. I was able to find an fx4 grill painted to match to replace the chrome for $100. I then got a ARE Camper Shell painted to match for $280. It's time to set up a bed now. If anyone has any ideas on how to set up a sleep shelf that extends I'm all ears. And comments or ideas are greatly appreciated.
image.jpg sorry I can't figure out how to turn it.

jhberria

Adventurer
Good to see you started a build thread, and the new shell is looking awesome. Now bring it out West so I can take you on some actual trails.

Sincerely, your talented, good looking, articulate brother.

OR2BAJA

Observer
Camburg suspension and get rid of the leveling kit. Look at Baja Designs for a good light bar and some reverse lights. Front runner roof rack.

CountryboyNC

Well I’ve kind of bounced around a little bit here is my updated truck. I sold my $280 ARE shell for $1000 and got a brand new soft topper for $200. Didn’t really care for it and sold it for $300 and got this Century Royal with roof rack, lights, cloths hanger, carpet interior, and drop out sliding window AC60E8D6-5083-4BD1-B23B-5A02F22A7F14.jpeg4EFC1346-1B72-470B-992C-09CC872F4891.jpegand electronic locks for $200. Got a buddy who is going to paint it for $350.

I also added an RK brush guard and went to 285-75-17 BFG AT2s. Here is an updated picture.

CountryboyNC

5.0. Does fine, I’ve pulled it through the Appalachian mtns when the family wants to go up into WV and also down to the N.C. coast. It’s obviously not a diesel but I can maintain 50-55 up hill without burning the tranny up. I will be adding a tuner here soon though just to help. That’s after I get the shell painted.

CountryboyNC

5.0. Does fine, I’ve pulled it through the Appalachian mtns when the family wants to go up into WV and also down to the N.C. coast. It’s obviously not a diesel but I can maintain 50-55 up hill without burning the tranny up. I will be adding a tuner here soon though just to help. That’s after I get the shell painted.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Good to hear. BTW just my $0.02 worth but I think the black topper looks perfectly fine on your gray truck.

CountryboyNC

It’s not bad, the only complaint I have is it’s the tuxedo black so it has metal flake in it, I wish it was more of a flat or matte black. I may save my 350 and attempt to paint it flat myself.... but have no experience in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior