START Battery RECOMMENDATIONS

About time for me to finally replace the Odyssey PC1350 Start Battery on ole Victory; I like to poll the masses and ask who is running what size and brand for START (Primary) battery these days as I know battery tech is advancing like everything else?

On that note, I have some remaining life left on the Odyssey but not enough for reliable starting so the PC1350 will likely become my test bed for my off-grid 2nd (house) battery for a bit until I go Battleborn 100ah.

NorthwestDriver

I just installed an Interstate H8 AGM a few weeks ago. The previous Interstate H8 flooded battery (4 years old) was only charging to 12.3v and dropping to 11.7v after sitting for a couple weeks —it still started up just fine but was getting tired. I think if it were the standard H7 size it would have given out a year ago.

I notice minimal cranking improvement with the new battery, though it does hold charge much better. It was only a matter of time for the old one to fail.

I’ve read the AGM batteries don’t get fully charged with the alternators on LR3, so to help them last they should be charged on a tender once a month.

yeah, I’m looking at the Interstate and Deka; both H8 size as they fit and more the better. I ran a smart repair on the Odyssey and it’s pretty much toast at this point but went in somewhere around 2017 and got some good life from it. Odyssey would be a better option for weight saving but I am sure I can make up the difference with one less burrito or lighten the 8oz loads in the fridge….hahaha

Called ole reliable Abran and his wife at CARRS4x4 in Huntington Beach, CA and they have me covered as always………going Odyssey PC1350 for Odyssey 49-950. I almost cheated; every vehicle I own has an Odyssey accept my new Tahoe but it came with a new battery wired to the Duramax Diesel so it‘s staying until it needs replacement.

Left Coasters; keep your business with CARRS4x4…….plug plug!

Odyssey 49-950
12D6D876-959F-4FFE-81AF-EBD0EA8ABF5E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior