Sprinter 4WD Conversion Idea, GMT-800 IFS.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
When I sent parts to be CNC and supplied the materials there was large crops left over so I started to hand nest the parts doing a better job than the $10-$15k software that was used.

Rule of thumb I use is biggest to smallest.

Some of the newer software lets you load a previous job, to mas off the used area of a sheet. But for irregular jobs doing it by hand helps a lot. For lower precision stuff, the software will join common lines together to reduce cutting time as well.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Genuinedealz?

Indeed. Not to many places can beat them for lengths 50ft and under. They have 1 or 2 other trade names/websites, but its all the same shop in Georgia. Fast shipping to me is also a bonus.

Alloy

For lower precision stuff, the software will join common lines together to reduce cutting time as well.
Maybe on laser and router?? I thought I was smart and tried that once only to be told that plasma and waterjet needed a min. 1/2"-5/8" between parts.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
UL listing # marked on the wire?

Yep. These folks carry the good stuff. Basically they buy 1000ft rolls of wire and sell by the foot. They also will crimp large cables with heatshrink etc, for a very reasonable fee.

Alloy

Yep. These folks carry the good stuff. Basically they buy 1000ft rolls of wire and sell by the foot. They also will crimp large cables with heatshrink etc, for a very reasonable fee.

Thanks for the link.

shade

Mmmmm, parts. Forked the pallet right onto the bed.

I need to do a part count, but I think they are all there.

Now I need to start putting the puzzle together. Lots of spot checking fitment along the way though, so its going to take a bit.
Nice & clean, too. You might want to hit them with a weld-thru primer or a light wipedown of Fluid Film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94