Somedayilllearn's Bear

Boz

Observer
You should just cut that exhaust off where it turns over the axle. Shouldn't have to worry about pinching it shut anymore after that.

cool!

I been thinking about building a small trailer like yours so I can take with either of my Suburbans.

Could you give me some details on it please?

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
You should just cut that exhaust off where it turns over the axle. Shouldn't have to worry about pinching it shut anymore after that.
I considered that but also wonder if it would cause one of two problems. One, where I live, my smog check is visual and that might be a negative as they might consider that altered exhaust. Two, I also wonder if it might allow water to get deeper into the exhaust and closer to either the CAT or DEF components. Not sure.

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
cool!
I been thinking about building a small trailer like yours so I can take with either of my Suburbans.
Could you give me some details on it please?

Sure. This model is an M101A3. We picked it up on an online auction, out the door, for $750. Great price for something so versatile. I also have a 2000lb Bedslide mounted inside to make access easier.
BEDSLIDE: https://www.bedslide.com/collections/bedslides

On top of that is my CVT Tent Mt. Denali
https://cascadiatents.com/shop/mt-denali-extended-summit-series/

Let me know if you have any other questions

Sure. This model is an M101A3. We picked it up on an online auction, out the door, for $750. Great price for something so versatile. I also have a 2000lb Bedslide mounted inside to make access easier.
BEDSLIDE: https://www.bedslide.com/collections/bedslides

On top of that is my CVT Tent Mt. Denali
https://cascadiatents.com/shop/mt-denali-extended-summit-series/

Let me know if you have any other questions
Did you need anything special to tow it at first?

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
So, everything at the overland expo went interestingly this year. I went on behalf of our sponsor Buggy Whips and were put in a far off booth location. Eventually we move to our friends at the Fuel Wheels booth and eventually start to see some people that I knew.

454721F1-108E-4038-A4B7-D1C42DF4E650.jpeg

This was also the first time I’ve ever towed a trailer (toy hauler). It was an arduous task getting the appropriate license just to pull it legally and pulling it it’s self was an interesting experience. We didn’t have it fully loaded down but sheer mass and volume was something to consider.

94B98C94-FFA8-4703-BB16-331D569C32DA.jpeg
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the new BFGoodrich KM3 mud terrain tires were outstandingly adept at hauling a trailer of the size. I still need to work out the tow hitch sway control thingy. And of course the trailer came with the problems that always happen when you first buy a trailer. Definitely need to add another battery and solar panels. But, it served it’s purpose and the boys had a good time and space that was safe for them to play in during a busy expo type environment.

A7130B87-7FCF-4EC8-A3F4-286485166332.jpeg
Craig, aka @Palmofthewild , got a chance to experiment and take out the black series camper trailer. Ill let him talk about it. It definitely looked cool.
E331B6D9-D416-4394-8F7A-882CCEA0A383.jpeg
So, one of my takeaways… I’m definitely getting a bigger fuel tank. 37 gallons of Diesel turned out to be painfully inadequate . I had to stop about three or four times on the way home. One of which being a bathroom break by itself. Thanks Chelsea.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Are you carrying any 4 Wheeled toys in the new trailer? That looks painfully large for a bumper pull, but I can understand your need for it. Personally I chose my (somewhat) easy to remove rack and tent system to maintain my ability to haul our goosenecks and possibly a fifth wheel toy hauler in the future. If I had your amazing setup I think I would’ve decided to go bumper pull as well. It’s gorgeous and very well thought out!

SomedayAdventure

Writer/Photographer
Well...small mod on the trailer for a blog post and road towing. I made a swap out ball hitch to take the place of the max coupler.
4520ABFF-D5AB-45F7-844F-F9D129253A6D.jpeg

Of course Bedslide is always a beach day bonus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles