**SOLD** Earthroamer inspired build: 7.3 Diesel F250 Expedition custom built camper- Go Anywhere vehicle

Jdory67

I am just a week away from closing on the sale of my house and then moving to Atlanta. Am looking for a vehicle like this for my next year of travel. If it’s still available around Memorial Day, I’d love to work out a way to see your rig.

One of the photo’s shows the truck chassis and the coach separate.
For how many miles has the truck chassis and coach been married?
I see you “liked” my post but didn’t answer.
Do both have 270,000 miles?
The camper and all upgrades were done 30,000 miles ago. That is when the camper was built and installed. the only thing that has 270,000 miles is the rust free chassis and the engine. Everything else is new

I hate too, but I have to ask. Why is a 3/4 ton cab and chassis with a curb weight of 6,000 lbs. and gross vehicle weight(GVW) of 8,800 or 2,800 lb. max. load carrying a 6,000 lb. coach? If your rig weighs 12,000 lbs.(your #'s), it's overloaded by 3,000 lbs. or 50%. This defies all vehicle manufacturers GVW standards. Sorry for the question, it's just like there's this elephant is in the room and nobody see's it. Please tell me your truck is really a F450 or 550 model.
As the ad indicates, it has been upgraded to minimum 450/550 suspension, including Hellwig bigwig airbags, and Fox resavoir shocks. It handles it quite well.

Carolina4x4

If you don't mind me asking, there is a pic of another truck on your Google Photos, silver with a very interesting looking pop up camper. Do you know who made that?
Also, I am theoretically interested in your rig, but would need some convincing that the mileage is not too high for someone wanting to put at least another 250,000 miles on the truck. Objectively, is that feasible? I don't know the Ford platform well, as I am more of a Toyota person. But I am impressed with this build; it's very well done. Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, there is a pic of another truck on your Google Photos, silver with a very interesting looking pop up camper. Do you know who made that?
Also, I am theoretically interested in your rig, but would need some convincing that the mileage is not too high for someone wanting to put at least another 250,000 miles on the truck. Objectively, is that feasible? I don't know the Ford platform well, as I am more of a Toyota person. But I am impressed with this build; it's very well done. Thanks!
They are called the million mile engine for a reason. There are many 7.3L Powerstrokes out there with way more miles than mine. The pop up camper that you see in the pics is made by the same company as who built mine, Phoenix pop up campers. Good luck on the search. Mine sold yesterday. Thanks for the interest.

Thanks for all the positive comments, and inquirys to my truck. As many have said before, it is hard giving up your home on wheels after an extended trip, like our year and a half trek through Mexico, Central, and South America, but that time has come to an end. The truck is now SOLD! Off to a good home, to be enjoyed on many more adventures. Thanks for all the interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94