SoCal Montero Meet-Up Saturday 3-25-17 @ 10:00-12:00

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Check out LKQ Pick-your-part in Monrovia. They have a 2003 that I was going to grab the airbox from(assuming it isn't already gone). If you happen to head up there, let me know, perhaps we can go together. I'm in North OC.

Hey, great info, thanks, I will check that out. There are a few parts I could use. Anyone around SoCal know of any other 2001-2006's in any junk yards nearby?

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
"Anyone around SoCal know of any other 2001-2006's in any junk yards nearby?"

I search the yards quite often... the two best sites are both 'Pick Your Parts' [then again, what is left in SoCal that isn't PYP?]

1] Santa Fe Springs

2] Monrovia

These two seem to get more than their fair share of Monty's, and every other truck...

As in, you will likely find a new rig brought in - at least - every week to both yards.

Long Beach; the big two yards [1 = PYP], remaining, are horrific dumps... don't bother.

Will be there bright & early... need to leave by 11:30... race in Fontana.

No takers joining me to drive down from L.A.?

Offroadmuch

Explorer
"Anyone around SoCal know of any other 2001-2006's in any junk yards nearby?"

I search the yards quite often... the two best sites are both 'Pick Your Parts' [then again, what is left in SoCal that isn't PYP?]

1] Santa Fe Springs

2] Monrovia

These two seem to get more than their fair share of Monty's, and every other truck...

As in, you will likely find a new rig brought in - at least - every week to both yards.

Long Beach; the big two yards [1 = PYP], remaining, are horrific dumps... don't bother.

Will be there bright & early... need to leave by 11:30... race in Fontana.

No takers joining me to drive down from L.A.?

Great info on the junk yards, thank you. See you at the meet up.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
If there isn't a great need for parts, I'll be leaving 'em home... anyone interested in JDM Bumper tail lights [amber/ red - turn/ brake or fog]... new... have a pair.

Driver's seat [electric/ '99] cover/ cushion - w/ heater/ tan leather. Set of five [5] chrome alloy wheels, w/ crappy tires ['98 Montero SR]...

Running boards... front wheel mud flaps ['99 Montero SR/ silver in color]. I'll bring a box of misc. electrical bits...

I will definitely be rolling in earlier... by 9:00 or 9:30... places to go, things to do... brother wants me to join him in Fontana.

If anyone meeting up is great with downloading pics on this site I would appreciate them taking a load of pics of our rig. I suspect others would appreciate seeing what has been done...

See ya' there!

Wm.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Ok folks,

Final bump before meet up day.

I will be there early to find a spot for us to park. I will post where I end up.

Lot is not too big so it will not be hard to find.

See you there,
Doug

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow due to work schedule but I may be interested in the tool kit and manual if no one grabs them up..

Offroadmuch

Explorer
IMG_3677.jpg
IMG_3674.jpg
IMG_3672.jpg
So a few of us were standing around when this nice Gen 1 goes by real slow and I said, "I bet that guy is just going to Walmart" and then he pulled around and said, "why are all these Monteros here?" I said we are here for a meet up. We are all on Expedition Portal. He said, "what about 4x4wire?" I said, nope, ExPo. He said he was just on his way to Walmart! Lucky guess. He stayed for almost two hours so that was cool. Cecil was his name. Nice guy.
IMG_3671.jpg
IMG_3670.jpg

Not bad for the first meet. Some Gen 3's, Gen 2 and even a Gen 1 who was just driving by and stayed for over an hour.
I will post up a local trail ride soon. Probably a 1-day maybe Cleghorn out past Bass Pro Shop off the 15.

Please look for updates and other SoCal events here:
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...-SoCal-quot-Crew-Thread?p=2270911#post2270911

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke