So, Why did you buy a Land Rover?

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
When I bought my first rover it was a 2004 Defender 110. It was the cheapest vehicle I could buy that I could put 7 seats into, and the cheapest to run because it was diesel.

"Cheap" at about $100,000

This was because we lived in Singapore, and they have some interesting rules regarding car taxes...

Now I have a 1993 110 in North America. Now I own one because it's fun, and because I like the mix of people you get at rover events, (usually more of the explorer crowd than the mud bogger crowd).

Ray

Navman

Adventurer
Well yeah... we're all a little different. Most Americans like American seats and ergonomics. I'm more of a "European Build" myself. I like the firm foam, upright seating, high "H point", snug side bolsters, lumbar support and a good headrest.

The best seats I've ever had were my my 1983 VW GTI. A nice set of Recaros. Just about every GM seat I ever sat in was absolute torture.

haha. was that a polite way of implying most Americans are overweight?? :)

I'm actually more of a European build myself. I should say that my only problem with the seat is that the bottom is too short. Everything else was great, well except for when the electronic controls broke while the seat was in awkward positions. Being on the tall side it was always hard for me to be comfortable in the Discovery.

Yes, GM seats are torture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz