Snow Peak Addiction

TooGouda

there was a group buy mentioned a ways back in the thread to have him make some more...but the last update was that he was working on lining up a shop to cut them

psabbrev

Hi guys, I’ve been quiet for a bit. Work has gotten in the way of life for the last few years.

Just dusting off the collection.
Telling my wife we need a few more items…

983624c40fd4d3696c21792b069978f2.jpg

dbf46403690bbd39f133ffaf94649168.jpg

Scary thing is I’ve got more stashed in the camper trailer and up at our camping property.

Yes the addiction is a real thing !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fellow Aussie here, and new to this site. Came across your lamb roast via the Pile Driver. Looked amazing! Wondering what other recipes you’ve done with Snow Peak gear?

psabbrev

Yeah, I have a ton of SP gear as well, but I'm getting better at paring it down to what we need each use. I have the dutch oven too, but find we often use the Cast Iron Duo for cooking, and use the Oval cast iron pot for true dutch oven stuff. We use the IGT height adjuster to drop the table extension down to dining height, and back up for meal prep. Of course, I’m only cooking for three people, sometimes four, so the smaller stuff works for us.

I'm gonna explore the fact that the medium firepit fits in the IGT frame, and use that as my BBQ for the lounge concept, as well as the regular firepit. (I just want to see how hot that gets in relation to peoples knees at the table, and if any heat transfer to the IGT frame from the firepit, which touches minimally). That would preclude the need to take a BBQ box on a trip.

The adjustable legs are really nice in their flexibility; although they are not light, they save space, which is more important in vehicle-supported camping.
Would love to hear what/how you cook with the Duo set for 3-4! I’m having trouble cooking for more than 2

motoz

Adventurer
Fellow Aussie here, and new to this site. Came across your lamb roast via the Pile Driver. Looked amazing! Wondering what other recipes you’ve done with Snow Peak gear?

Gday yeah there are a few Aussies on here.
Have knocked up the odd dish or two with our SP gear over the years. Mostly posted on Instagram as motoz_overland.

Will endeavour to do some more trips now we’re out of fire ban season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billstevenson

They do a “Spring/Summer” and a “Fall/Winter” from what I can tell, and the last go round yielded the black 3 and 4 unit igts some of us picked up. I see I bought some mini Sherpa cups off last year’s S/S in August so I’d assume a bit before that stateside.

DesertSand05

Observer
Snow Peak USA has a good run of the FES stuff a few years ago, I think I’m still waiting to see some of the regular new 2021 stuff here in the US. It would be nice for us snow peak fans if the FES stuff was a more consistent thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles