Snow Peak Addiction

EPICBYTES

Indeed, its even difficult to find used snowpeak gear since nobody really wants to sell them along its already a rarity in state-side. Ebay prices is just crazy, I stopped looking there for snowpeak stuff alltogether.

I snagged few items from facebook marketplace though. Priced alot more reasonable and you are free to talk with the seller.

Clothes are pretty cool but prices on them is just crazy, more than Patagonia. Ill rather to buy Patagonia stuff since they use alot of recycled materials.

I think they should focus on North America as pilot program. There is a huge consumer base here.

As for 2unit, does drifta might have something like it? Entry IGT table seems easiest to cut up into 2 unit but doesn't use legs.

I already have well over a grand into snowpeak gear, if its more widely known in state-side. I am sure it will be a big hit. BUT at sametime I want the inventory to myself since their stuff is always sold out haha.

natematos

What is the subreddit called? It is practically same reason I came over here and this ended up being pretty damn cool forum.

Aha! Snowpeak is getting into power tools? LOL. At least it is rebranded Makita. Hope it is not a regular thing in future, I like my Milwaukee stuff :p

Just /r/snowpeak lol

We'll see if they make anything else as part of the collab. I could see a light being sold as a lantern, but their line isn't as diverse as like the M12 and so I don't see quite as many possible items. Though they've been releasing 1 a year, so we may know more soon!

natematos

The secondary market on some Snowpeak items is insane. like the Baja burner for example... im pretty sure i bought the last one on earth from a primary retail partner a couple months ago. I paid retail price at $180 USD. There are already several online for $500-800 USD.

You may have. It was discontinued for 2021 and the last US shipment of them was in Marchish.

2U IGT frames are listed for $800-1200 USD sometimes. Even the knock off copy cat brands from Taiwan and China are going for near Snowpeak prices. I have been looking into getting a knock off copy cat 2U IGT frame from Taiwan and im looking at $500+ including shipping to get one. I havn't done it mostly because at that price i might be able to get a 2U on ebay that is still new or like new. or just get an extra 3U and chop it to make my own 2U.

The 2 unit is expensive because of how few they made. It was only offered for a couple years (it only shows up in the 2015 and 2016 catalogs) and I don't think it was ever sold in the states.

You can find them cheaper in Japan, I'm seeing a few in the mid $300 range. I'd expect to pay $80-100 for shipping.

natematos

Fun recent pickup. Snow Peak Club was a Japan only website that went from around 2004-2014. It was a forum for owners to post product, reviews, campsites, etc. This stainless mug was an optional purchase or award (not 100% sure) for forum members around 2006.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 12.25.15 PM.png

TooGouda

The 2 unit is expensive because of how few they made. It was only offered for a couple years (it only shows up in the 2015 and 2016 catalogs) and I don't think it was ever sold in the states.

You can find them cheaper in Japan, I'm seeing a few in the mid $300 range. I'd expect to pay $80-100 for shipping.
they did sell the 2U frame here. the last time i saw one for sale in the US was around late 2018 or early 2019 right before i bought my 3U as I couldn't get a 2U anymore.
if you can link me to a 2U for sale from Japan... ill buy it for $400 or less right now lol I keep seeing them for like $600 or more easy and i can get a 3U chopped and tig welded back together for that price

TooGouda

@TooGouda You'll need to go through a broker to get one, it's a bit of a process but I can walk you through it if you wanna DM me.
say whaaaaa? A broker?
what kind of broker is this? ill think about it but that sounds a bit cumbersome to buy a single item for less than buying one listed online through an overseas web shop

im familiar with using a broker to ship an entire cargo container, but even then I just buy the stuff direct from the factory

EPICBYTES

say whaaaaa? A broker?
what kind of broker is this? ill think about it but that sounds a bit cumbersome to buy a single item for less than buying one listed online through an overseas web shop

im familiar with using a broker to ship an entire cargo container, but even then I just buy the stuff direct from the factory
A group buy from drifta would be more appealing? haha, any longtime member here would be interested in hosting it?

EPICBYTES

Finally everything arrived, grill burner is of phenomenal quality. Very solidly built, hunt is on for more different tops.

SS Mytable is very sturdy and awesome, however two ends that folds is offset from each other by around 3mm, no gaps. Just doesnt line up perfectly however its VERY solid! I would think it lasts lifetime.

Waterproof unit gear bag 110... pretty damn nice, was torn to go with 220 instead but glad I went with 110. It holds 2L cook&save pot perfectly. No additional bulk!

alexcivick

Observer
cca2c563044b6ddd8116d129ed8a255e.jpg
just in time for the season hopefully it shows up before my trip next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPICBYTES

Last purchase before SPW

If you could, post some pictures of it being set up, especially with one of IGT tables! I wanted one for awhile but couldnt justify it due being single. Im nearly always alone when Im out. A fine purchase for certain!

Jealous that you are going to SPW! Definitely let your wallet go loose and take plenty of pictures haha

EPICBYTES

Grill Burner with Kovea KGA-1610 adapter works perfectly with 1lb propane tanks. I would imagine the same goes for all Snow Peak burners.

A note though, it will simmer at 70% and full blast at 100%. If I turn the knob below 70% it will just die out. Still has low simmer to full blast function, so I am very happy.

I would imagine the Isobutane would have "fuller" use of the knob? Maybe somebody can verify this. I'm sticking with reusable propane tanks for my needs given it still offer full functionality.

I have titanium alcohol/spirit burner stove when I want to be portable as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles