Show your Thumper!!

desertrover

Adventurer
Fireflyr, is that an old GPSMAP 76? I've got one ziptied to my handlebars that is over 10 years old. They just don't quit!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
not enough DR's?? owning an ATK i'm always in my own company on the trails, and rarely have company on a site like this.

photobucket-23372-1311480926377.jpg

Cody1771

Explorer
Still low on DR650's.. I quit buying farkles and spent my money on tires and gasoline.

thats the way to roll, i find that the $40 duffle bag from sports traders works just as good as a $500 top box haha, farkles are forced purchases now... like if you crush a side box on a trail that you where spending your farkle money on gas money to be on.. heh

Here is my 2010 KLX250s 39,000 to 45,000 mile range so far, can't be certain. Too many miles in too short of a time. Bike needs a lot of tender love and care right now.

_DSC6945.jpg

Photo taken outside Flagstaff by Clark White

IMAG0177.jpg

Sedona, AZ

406219_318682404829903_100000644394924_1085885_1254889596_n.jpg

Photo taken outside Black Canyon City, AZ by Clark White

315377_448659418498867_1576585896_n.jpg

Connecticut

Hound

Sheepdog
Here is my 2010 KLX250s 39,000 to 45,000 mile range so far, can't be certain. Too many miles in too short of a time. Bike needs a lot of tender love and care right now.

_DSC6945.jpg

Photo taken outside Flagstaff by Clark White

IMAG0177.jpg

Sedona, AZ

406219_318682404829903_100000644394924_1085885_1254889596_n.jpg

Photo taken outside Black Canyon City, AZ by Clark White

315377_448659418498867_1576585896_n.jpg

Connecticut

Nice bike! I was beginning to think that I was the only KLX fan/owner on EXPO. Glad to have some company and a fellow new englander as well. If you are ever in CT with the KLX, let me know and we'll hit some quality dual-sporting up.

That must be one heck of a gas tank...:elkgrin:

Probably just really good mpg, it is a thumper after all.

Yeah, yeah. Used the wrong word.

Nice bike! I was beginning to think that I was the only KLX fan/owner on EXPO. Glad to have some company and a fellow new englander as well. If you are ever in CT with the KLX, let me know and we'll hit some quality dual-sporting up.

I'm from CT, but living in Waltham, MA. Down to CT often and I ride all year so anytime. Just need to find an extra, knowledgeable hand to get my valves taken care off.

Hound

Sheepdog
[/QUOTE]I'm from CT, but living in Waltham, MA. Down to CT often and I ride all year so anytime. Just need to find an extra, knowledgeable hand to get my valves taken care off.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could be of assistance with your valve issue, Phil, but sadly that exceeds my expertise. I'm always willing to learn so if you find someone who has the expertise and you need some additional help, I'd be happy to lend a hand (will work for beer). In the meantime, I think we should start a KLX thread on EXPO so our fellow adventurers can get a better idea of this woefully under appreciated little thumper.

Do let me know next time you are in my neck of the woods and I would be happy to show you some breathtaking back road scenery.

I wish I could be of assistance with your valve issue, Phil, but sadly that exceeds my expertise. I'm always willing to learn so if you find someone who has the expertise and you need some additional help, I'd be happy to lend a hand (will work for beer). In the meantime, I think we should start a KLX thread on EXPO so our fellow adventurers can get a better idea of this woefully under appreciated little thumper.

Do let me know next time you are in my neck of the woods and I would be happy to show you some breathtaking back road scenery.

Chasespeed in Monson, MA has the knowledge, but he works 70hrs a week. I know full well I can't afford to go to a dealership for it.

Yes, the KLX250 is a great bike and I have no clue why its not popular. I think in the past year I have shown that it is a bike that can hold its own against the larger dual sports. My bike sounds like crap and it needed the valves done 5,000 miles ago, but its still running strong *knock on wood since I still have to get to work today and make it out to the Berkshires next week.

I need to go out to Pachaug and see this trail system people are talking about on ADV.

Hound

Sheepdog
Chasespeed in Monson, MA has the knowledge, but he works 70hrs a week. I know full well I can't afford to go to a dealership for it.

Yes, the KLX250 is a great bike and I have no clue why its not popular. I think in the past year I have shown that it is a bike that can hold its own against the larger dual sports. My bike sounds like crap and it needed the valves done 5,000 miles ago, but its still running strong *knock on wood since I still have to get to work today and make it out to the Berkshires next week.

I need to go out to Pachaug and see this trail system people are talking about on ADV.

I've not been to Pachaug yet. We should put together a local meet up and check it out.

View attachment 116161

Last edited:

SuperCal

Adventurer
I've not been to Pachaug yet. We should put together a local meet up and check it out.

That sounds like a good plan Hound, I've been down to Pachaug plenty of times but haven't gotten around to it by bike yet. What part of CT are you in? I'm in Mansfield so like half hour or so from there...

View attachment 116161

That sounds like a good plan Hound, I've been down to Pachaug plenty of times but haven't gotten around to it by bike yet. What part of CT are you in? I'm in Mansfield so like half hour or so from there...

I always have Sundays and Monday off, so that's the best for me. As far as Pachaug is concerned I know there are very specific trails. Rhode Trip on here has done them as far as I know from trip reports on ADV.

gromit

Bad Buddhist
Am I the only F650GS Dakar rider? All the others must be at the Starbucks...:wings::bike_rider::wings:

7583927666_288f2b0b64.jpg7583926240_9ae226b28a_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94