Rosa 6 speed box in fg639 ?

bottlo

Merry xmas to all, does any one know if the rosa 6 speed box fits into a canter fg639 as i have acquired one. Thanks Bottlo...

kerry

Expedition Leader
Ooooooh. That something I would appreciate. What are the gear ratios compared to the OE 5 speed. I find the big gap between 3rd and 4th to be the main issue.

bottlo

Thanks for your reply Kerry, i am on the south coast of oz, a friend did his time as a mechanic on that era of canters, but believes it is doable, he has in his possession a rosa bus, same motor as mine and has offered to sell the gear box and complete turbo etc. Need to do some more research as to how difficult, benefit etc.. i owned and built my canter over the last five and would love the upgrades, buy am happy with it in its current state.

yabanja

Explorer
Thanks for your reply Kerry, i am on the south coast of oz, a friend did his time as a mechanic on that era of canters, but believes it is doable, he has in his possession a rosa bus, same motor as mine and has offered to sell the gear box and complete turbo etc. Need to do some more research as to how difficult, benefit etc.. i owned and built my canter over the last five and would love the upgrades, buy am happy with it in its current state.
Keep us posted on this. I also have wondered about this conversion.

Allan

PKDreamers

Adventurer
If you think about it it would maybe need a longer mainshalf to suit the transfer case????
You would need to pull both boxes down and compare .
It would be a great project ,
Keep us posted.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
This is part of a conversation I had with another member in this Forum a while back on the research that I had done.

" Sorry don't really know, Certainly something I'm also keen to try. From research that I have done I'm going to say yes. Both 5 and 6 speed boxes seem to be available in MO35 (earlier Canter) and MO36 (later Canter) boxes. A lot of Rosa buses had six speed and from what I can find is they are double overdrive. 4th gear 1to1, overdrive on 5 (in the .7 range) and 6 (in the .6 range). "

You would certainly have to engineer an output shaft from the Rosa box to the transfer case as there is no shaft that would suit that I know of.

Dan.

bottlo

Cheers people for your feed back, further investigation in the near future, and will post any revelations...?
Happy adventures in the new year.. cheers bottlo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior