Rokon motorcyles

David_in_TX

Adventurer
From the Rokon accessories page:
http://www.rokon.com/products/accessories.htm

Disc Harrow, PN 104104 - Each gang weighs 64 lbs. Overall length is 69" with a width of 43". There are 16 disc with an overall height of 15 inches. The depth of cut is 4 inches. It is primarily used to create rows for planting.

Log Skidder, PN 104264 - Designed and built by ROKON. In conjunction with the Adjustable Rigid Tow Bar (Part No 103181) and a ball hitch, this skidder can tow logs behind your ROKON. The front end of the log is secured in the cradle, and the rear end is dragged on the ground.

Moldboard Plow 10", PN 104100 - This 48 lb. item is pictured attached to the Three Point Hitch. This is best used on the Trail-Breaker model as you can add water to the wheels to obtain optimal traction. It is used primarily to break soil 5-6 inches deep for planting.

Lawn Mower,3-Gang Reel, PN 104170 - Each gang measures 24 inches and together they cut a 5 foot swath. The six tempered steel blades are 12 gauge. The wheel are aluminum. The roller blocks are wooden. This is a classic design made in the USA. The cutting height is adjustable from 1/2-2 1/2 inches.

Trailer, PN 109016 - This unit weighs 175 lbs and has a GVW Capacity of 700 lbs. Dimensions are 42" Long by 30" Wide and 16" Tall. Made out of 16 gauge steel with 22-11 X 8.00 tires and fits a 2" ball coupler. Comes with a lift gate and dump body. The Trailer is best used with the Rokon Tow Bar Kit PN 100893 and the Rigid Bar PN 103181

Broadcast Spreader, PN 103192 - The spreader has a poly hopper body that resist corrosion. It can handle 175 lbs of material. The pnuematic ball bearing wheels are 15" x 6". It spreads 10-12 inches wide. The spreader easily attaches to the Rokon tow bar kit.

Power Take-Off Kit, PN 104066 - The power take off kit consists of a locking throttle, belt and hardware that translates power from the rear driven pulley up to a generator or pump set into the rear seating area. This picture shows the pump PN 105105 that can pump up to 60 gallons per minute. The pump attaches to an aluminum mounting plate PN 104303

Agri-Sprayer, PN 105012 - This 45 gallon tank unit has a 3 gallon per minute output, knobby thread tires with needle bearings and grease zerks, and a durable 12 volt/ 5 amp pump with convenient toggle on/off switch for trouble free operation. The rear spray boom has a 160 inch spray width. It can evenly spray herbicides, insecticides and other lawn products on turf trees and shrubs.

Three Point Hitch, PN 104161 - This item is required to raise and lower the Moldboard Plow and the Cultivator. This 30 lb. unit bolts onto the back of all Rokon models. It is spring loaded and has 16 inches of travel. Overall dimensions are 19" Long x 14 1/2" Wide x 17 1/2" High.

Bigjeep

Hi,

I sure like my Yamaha Big Wheel 200. It's not two-wheel drive, but it sure goes about everywhere. I'm six-two, two-fifty. It's very stable and comfortable to me. I just changed the final drive chain front fourteen tooth gear to an eleven. That dropped it basically a full gear. It can really crawl now. Fifth gear is plenty fast. With almost eleven foot-pounds of torque and it's massive rear tire, it hardly spins a tire to go up very steep inclines. When it needs to, it's high reving fifteen horsepower, 196cc, four stroke deals with it. The almost two gallon tank gives it good range. It gets in and around places a quad can't go.
U-tube one and see what they can do. Buy one and show yourself.

Bigjeep

bw200, bw 200, dirt bike, tw 200, Yamaha, rokon

Last edited:

swampdonkey

Any News on engine conversion?

I bought an 02 Rokon with the Kohler 6.5HP engine. It was basically a generator and pressure washer motor with a terrible carb and little power. I loved it but it was lacking umph and throttle response. I found out that the Yamaha 200cc cart racing engine used the same block. Burris Racing developed the Yamaha 200cc cart racing program so I teamed up with them and developed a Rokon motor based on the Yamaha. We developed a cam, port work and a custom carb to go with the bigger bore and large valved Yamaha motor. Now we have a silky smooth 12hp engine that will snap to life when you need it like at the bottom of a ravine. I am finishing details on carb linkage this week and hope to have them for sale in a couple of weeks. These will only fit the Kohler bikes. If anybody is interested then let me know.
View attachment 27340
Thise things go anywhere!

Just curious if you are making any of the information available on the motor conversion to the Burris Racing Yamaha engine. I have a 08 Rokon TB with the Kohler engine, and wouldn't mind a little more snap. Thanks.:elkgrin:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Just curious if you are making any of the information available on the motor conversion to the Burris Racing Yamaha engine. I have a 08 Rokon TB with the Kohler engine, and wouldn't mind a little more snap. Thanks.:elkgrin:

Burris sells race engine kits and I sell a Rokon version of the engine thats built and tuned. It's a drop in version with 12hp instead of the race 18hp. I do this so it will pull start and run at low rpm. It's basically a detuned version of the YF200R1 and set up to bolt right into your Rokon. $1300 shipped.

bluevette

Burris sells race engine kits and I sell a Rokon version of the engine thats built and tuned. It's a drop in version with 12hp instead of the race 18hp. I do this so it will pull start and run at low rpm. It's basically a detuned version of the YF200R1 and set up to bolt right into your Rokon. $1300 shipped.

I am interested in getting a yf200r1 from you, you have a pm. thanks.

nat

Adventurer
Hi,

I sure like my Yamaha Big Wheel 200. It's not two-wheel drive, but it sure goes about everywhere. I'm six-two, two-fifty. It's very stable and comfortable to me. I just changed the final drive chain front fourteen tooth gear to an eleven. That dropped it basically a full gear. It can really crawl now. Fifth gear is plenty fast. With almost eleven foot-pounds of torque and it's massive rear tire, it hardly spins a tire to go up very steep inclines. When it needs to, it's high reving fifteen horsepower, 196cc, four stroke deals with it. The almost two gallon tank gives it good range. It gets in and around places a quad can't go.
U-tube one and see what they can do. Buy one and show yourself.

Bigjeep

bw200, bw 200, dirt bike, tw 200, Yamaha, rokon

BW200's are fun as hell to ride. They can go anywhere.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
When Rokon guys get together they call it a Rokon Romp. When we got together in Wickensburg AZ last weekend they called it.........

wromp1.jpg

wromp3.jpg

wromp4.jpg

wromp 2.jpg

wromp6.jpg

wromp5.jpg

The Wickensburg Wromp! Ya gotta click for a bigger picture.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Dammit, I've gotta pay more attention. I would have liked to have made that AZ run too, closer than the other romps.

Sigh.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Hi Jack,
Rokons are too cool ! ! !
Please just mechanically restore it.
Really liking the "weathered patina" theme that's going on with Rocky :D
This'll fit right in ;)

Czechsix

Nice ride Joaquin! Most of the parts you're going to want for restoration are still available, and there are some good upgrades out there too, that'll still fit in with the bike. Mine's only a few years younger than yours.

Czechsix

If you don't want to do a re-weld on the tank, you can sometimes find a replacement tank out on the net. Your best bet for finding info is Bob Gallagher's forums on the rokon, lots of stuff there, and plenty of talk back and forth. Plus classifieds. Just took another look at the pics and the tank...looks plenty good to reweld. Whatever you do, don't Kreem it.

As to the seat, what I'd do is find someone parting out, and pick up a good condition used one. The seats themselves are, from what I remember, Italian Aquilla seats. They're still out there, and are used on other bikes. I've just never seen a decent recovered leather seat - I don't know if it's because of the raw materials not being up to par or because no one knows how to do them any more unless they're from the factory. I'll check with a buddy of mine that used to run Rockonline, he might still have some parts. Matter of fact, he's a forum member too, so maybe he'll pop up here, even though he's busy farting around with his damned Fuso...right mog?

ps...just remembered, I think the seats are also used on some Vespa models.

Last edited:

goin camping

Explorer
I started riding Rokons back in the 1960's as a kid. Actually I rode the same 1964 Rokon along with others I've owned up to about 5 years ago.

The wife would like to get another pair but the newer and quieter four stroke engine. In investigating them I've learned you'll want to replace the factory chains with American made ones and the new (to me) style of plastic body work will get banged and chewed before too long.

Ancientwind

Who can I go to that can swap out my Rokon tires? Just bought a new set, but with the hollow rims, it will take some special tire equipment, I am sure. Phoenix area...

Czechsix

Who can I go to that can swap out my Rokon tires? Just bought a new set, but with the hollow rims, it will take some special tire equipment, I am sure. Phoenix area...

If you don't want to do it yourself, pretty much any tire place that's willing to do it. I'd just go for it, personally. Use lots of lube, let the tires heat in the sun first, use good spoons, and take your time. If you're going to take off originals from an old bike, you might even want to post them up on ebay - the early 2 ply tires are hard to find, and some collector might want them.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Tell us about your new bike! What size rims are they and what are the old tires. I like to remove the valve cores and ride in figure 8's to break the beads loose before I spoon them off. I think the thing that most people have a hard time with is not knowing that the bead needs to be outside of the rim on BOTH sides before you can get it all the way off. Same for installing a tire. Get the rim in the tire with both beads outside the rim then work the tire beads on. I see your in Glendale so lets go ride!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles