Review - James Baroud Space Evolution

adaml

Thanks for the long-term review on this. I got an Evasion XXL this year after owning way more tents then I would like to admit. I too hate the door design in these tents but I've come to live with it. My only other real complaint is the locking struts. I've had one other pop-up hardshell and one clamshell hardshell and neither of them had these locking joints that the Evasion has. It seems like a little thing (and it is a little thing) but it's somewhat annoying to have to pop those things in and out of their locked position all the time. I got the tent because it works the best for having two adults and a small child but I'm thinking of selling it now that my son wants his own ground tent at night.

Septu

Explorer
Thanks for the long-term review on this. I got an Evasion XXL this year after owning way more tents then I would like to admit. I too hate the door design in these tents but I've come to live with it. My only other real complaint is the locking struts. I've had one other pop-up hardshell and one clamshell hardshell and neither of them had these locking joints that the Evasion has. It seems like a little thing (and it is a little thing) but it's somewhat annoying to have to pop those things in and out of their locked position all the time. I got the tent because it works the best for having two adults and a small child but I'm thinking of selling it now that my son wants his own ground tent at night.

I'm unfamiliar with these. I really never paid much attention to the Evasion as I was always concerned that the roof would be too low (realistically this would never be a concern, but that's why I with with the Space Evolution). Mine with the air struts doesn't have anything like this.

adaml

I'm unfamiliar with these. I really never paid much attention to the Evasion as I was always concerned that the roof would be too low (realistically this would never be a concern, but that's why I with with the Space Evolution). Mine with the air struts doesn't have anything like this.

Oh, that's interesting. I assumed it was across all JB tents. The Evasion has what I presume to be spring-loaded struts but you have to "lock" them into place by basically pushing them past vertical (like if you were to push your knee joint backward)

Septu

Explorer
Oh, that's interesting. I assumed it was across all JB tents. The Evasion has what I presume to be spring-loaded struts but you have to "lock" them into place by basically pushing them past vertical (like if you were to push your knee joint backward)

The Space is on air struts not spring ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles