Review: Campaign Furniture Companies - Chair Campaign

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Lance,
Glad you noticed how much Bev and I love our chairs!!! The way I remember it the last 2 weeks is that we couldn't keep you out of them:) I must say that our Campaign Chairs are the most comfortable and stable chairs by far that we have ever owned!!! Kris and Andy keep up the good work! And to you Justin, great photos and a killer idea to keep the chairs traveling.....

Justin, great photos of a great chair...and great idea....it is all just so GREAT :)
I have just spent a total of 7 days over 2 weekends with Ben & Bev Edmonson who are some killer pro photographers and they have a set of these chairs.
I watching them being put together each night for camp, put away in the morning and watched our groups (8 in the first and 7 in the second) take turns sitting in the chairs and loving every minute.
I heard no complaints from Ben and Bev and they live on the trail as much as at home so if anyone wants to know about the lifespan of the product under continued use pm them.

I love the chairs and when the 2 chair/table combo comes out will seriously have to look at them again.
From the perspective of alot of the disabled community these chairs are not too hard to assemble (use a table instead of the ground) and the armrest & back support are perfect.
Many folks with physical issues need a strong armrest they can use to lift up & out of a chair and I tried these at the Overland Expo and was very impressed.
Plus you are dealing with the owner/maker and that makes a huge difference.

Looking forward to following the story and seeing these at OX11

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
That really is a sick chair!!!! $300 for a hand made chair with quality is awesome but a little out side my range. rated for 350 is sweet to!!!

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
This was a one off I did after the OJ review of a roll top table a while back that I thought was way too expensive for the effort. It was done to test material cost and method so not professionally executed. A higher quality table could be easily done at home for very little money.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25914

Hi Dave, Yes the simplicity of this design lends itself well to the novice woodworker. In several of the photographs I have one of these roll up tables shown. A big Thanks to Mark Stephens(Articulate) for that fine table. Below is the thread Mark started on his table. Quick summary I ended up making him a couple of bags for his table and he returned the favor by making a table for me.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014&highlight=roll+top+table

DSC_5672.jpg

Marks latest table is made of Iroko wood also know as "African Teak". Goes well with the Campaign Chair!!

DaveM

Explorer
Hi Dave, Yes the simplicity of this design lends itself well to the novice woodworker. In several of the photographs I have one of these roll up tables shown. A big Thanks to Mark Stephens(Articulate) for that fine table. Below is the thread Mark started on his table. Quick summary I ended up making him a couple of bags for his table and he returned the favor by making a table for me.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014&highlight=roll+top+table

Marks latest table is made of Iroko wood also know as "African Teak". Goes well with the Campaign Chair!!

I remember Mark's post, he did a great job on it. I've been using my rough and ready DF table for a while now and can say that it's one of my favorite pieces of kit. Having proved the usefulness to myself I'm ready to bang out a nicer model, I have some Ipe that although heavy would make a long lasting table. Being a roll up camp table it doesn't NEED a bag, but I bet it would look great in a nice canvas one! Do you have any pics of the bags you made?

campaignfurniture

Hi there,

Wow!! Thanks to everyone for all the great reviews of the chair! Kris and I are really greatfull for all that has happened in such a short time. It has been so amazing to talk to and meet overlanders from all over the place! Now the chair gets to travel to!Thanks, Justin! If your ever near Santa Cruz give us a call and stop by for a visit.
If you like the chair now, just wait for the new version in a couple of weeks, it is going to be even better!
We are also going to be at the Dwell On Design Expo, June 25-27 at the LA Convention Center. It is a huge show were you can see everything you can imagine for your home, inside and out! If your there please come by and say hello, we would love to meet you.

Again thanks and see you on the trail!
Andy and Kris

Gear

AT and OJ Open House May 2010

Well the Campaign Chair made the rounds at the Adventure Trailers / Overland Journals Open House. I had a good time explaining the idea behind the chair campaign. Here are just a few of the folks that tried the chair out.

DSC_6230.jpg

DSC_6220.jpg

DSC_6224.jpg

DSC_6232.jpg

Gear

Adventure Trailers Grand Canyon Trip

This past Sunday May 30, 2010. The Campaign Furniture Chair headed off to the Grand Canyon with Expo members and Adventure Trailers leading the way.

DSC_6276.jpg

The chair was quickly assembled for our lunch stop.

DSC_6268.jpg

DSC_6356.jpg

The Campaign Chair overlooking the Colorado River.

DSC_6381.jpg

And to top it off Bobby AKA Purple People Eater Posing for the camera.

Gear

Who's Next!

I am going to sign the Canvas bag. So who wants to borrow the Campaign Furniture Chair this month(June 2010). Please PM me if you are interested.

DSC_6349.jpg

DSC_6370.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Justin,
I would love to take the chair on our Disabled Explorers Baja Trip next weekend...
pm sent !

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Awesome product photos Justin. I'm still hopeful for our July 4th trip to the Sierra's!

Gear

Hey Justin,
I would love to take the chair on our Disabled Explorers Baja Trip next weekend...
pm sent !

Baja Cool, The Campaign Chair will be sent out Today! Enjoy.:sombrero:

Awesome product photos Justin. I'm still hopeful for our July 4th trip to the Sierra's!

Nathan I have you down for the early part of July. Eastern Sierra's are going to be perfect this time of year.

Scott Brady

Founder
I will take it from Spain to Mongolia, through 20 countries this summer if it is available. . . We leave late July.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94