Regular cab short bed 1/2 tons

rnArmy

Adventurer
96 Ram 1500 4x4 SWB regular cab. 5.2/auto. 2" lift front & rear, 4.10 gears, true tracks front and rear, 285/75/16" (33") tires, ARE top. Bought new, currently at about 225,000 miles. I sometimes take it overlanding.20201004_104354.jpg

Last edited:

ScotC

I have a 2021 Ford F150 Regular Cab 4x4 . I ordered it last August and it arrived this December. It is a 5.0 V8, 9.75 rear end with 3.73 gears and a electronic locking differential. I ordered a Torsen differential from Ford Performance parts and had my dealer install it when the truck arrived. Now I have a short wheelbase "Baby" Tremor / Raptor and it fits in my garage. it's my hunting truck. Looking for a Camper Shell for camping. Here are some pics of the truck and the Torsen installation.

Attachments

• 123_1(1).jpeg
    123_1(1).jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 128
  • F150 5.jpg
    F150 5.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 128

ScotC

Does anybody know if there is a hidden winch mount for a 21-22 F150 with the Automatic air dam in the front? Also do any of you know what the purpose of the little black plastic things in the front of the rear wheel wells are for?
Here is a pic so see the things on the wheel wells.F150 4.jpg

Grassland

Aren't those just a splash guard of some sort?
I haven't seen a current body style reg cab in person, I'm guessing by the photo

jbaucom

Does anybody know if there is a hidden winch mount for a 21-22 F150 with the Automatic air dam in the front? Also do any of you know what the purpose of the little black plastic things in the front of the rear wheel wells are for?
Here is a pic so see the things on the wheel wells.

That's a great looking truck! The black things are aerodynamic aids to help direct airflow around the rear wheels. I'm not sure about a hidden winch mount, but I know that the Westin tray on my 2020 F150 is the same part number that a 2021 uses. It's pretty compact, easy to install, and inexpensive.

ScotC

That's a great looking truck! The black things are aerodynamic aids to help direct airflow around the rear wheels. I'm not sure about a hidden winch mount, but I know that the Westin tray on my 2020 F150 is the same part number that a 2021 uses. It's pretty compact, easy to install, and inexpensive.
Thanks for the help!

T-Willy

At around $40,000, the regular cab, 6.5' bed F-150 FX4 2.7L is a capable little package for two people:

- 122" wheelbase (good break-over, maneuverable)
- Locking rear dif and crawl control (good traction)
- 19 / 24 MPG, 23 or 26 gallon fuel capacity, (efficient with 430 + mile range)
- 1700 + lb payload

Add a leveling kit, tall skinnies, a lightweight pop-top camper and 10 gallons of auxiliary fuel and you've got a very nice little setup.

vehicle.png

ScotC

At around $40,000, the regular cab, 6.5' bed F-150 FX4 2.7L is a capable little package for two people:

- 122" wheelbase (good break-over, maneuverable)
- Locking rear dif and crawl control (good traction)
- 19 / 24 MPG, 23 or 26 gallon fuel capacity, (efficient with 430 + mile range)
- 1700 + lb payload

Add a leveling kit, tall skinnies, a lightweight pop-top camper and 10 gallons of auxiliary fuel and you've got a very nice little setup.

vehicle.png
I've been enjoying my little truck. It's about the same wheelbase and length as my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee L. The Torsen front differential and leveling kit the dealer installed for me made it quite a capable little truck plus it will tow anything I put behind it. Your mileage figures are about right. It has a 26 gallon tank.

jbaucom

I've been enjoying my little truck. It's about the same wheelbase and length as my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee L. The Torsen front differential and leveling kit the dealer installed for me made it quite a capable little truck plus it will tow anything I put behind it. Your mileage figures are about right. It has a 26 gallon tank.
What level did you have installed? I thought it looked leveled, but decided that was one of the optical illusions of the RCSB since it wasn't mentioned.

ScotC

What level did you have installed? I thought it looked leveled, but decided that was one of the optical illusions of the RCSB since it wasn't mentioned.
It has a 2.25" level spacers...it had a lot of rake from the factory. Here's a pic with the factory tires and no leveling kit. I swapped the tires for 33" ...(ordered them) wasn't sure how big a tire would fit at the time...34's will fit .

Attachments

• 20211210_111131.jpg
    20211210_111131.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 96

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

T-Willy

Wheelbase, width, ground clearance, payload, power, efficiency, value -- this video articulates many of the same (winning) conclusions I've had on the regular cab short wheelbase F-150.

ScotC

Wheelbase, width, ground clearance, payload, power, efficiency, value -- this video articulates many of the same (winning) conclusions I've had on the regular cab short wheelbase F-150.

I made a few mods to My RCSB F150. First thing is to get rid of the aero tabs on the rear wheel well to prevent running over a stick and bending the rear quarter panel. Attached are pics of the Ford OEM replacements.

Attachments

• Aero tab Replacement.jpg
    Aero tab Replacement.jpg
    954.1 KB · Views: 12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94