Rear ladder gear bag

neil d

That is a great looking unit, kudos on the effort! I am curious though...what is the intent of such a bag, coupled with a vehicle with copious interior space? Is this a Trasharoo? Exterior storage for smelly items? Wot goes in?

MccannUSA

That is a great looking unit, kudos on the effort! I am curious though...what is the intent of such a bag, coupled with a vehicle with copious interior space? Is this a Trasharoo? Exterior storage for smelly items? Wot goes in?
Thank you! The easy answer is yes, all of the above. LOL So I originally made it for personal use on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have a Gobi ladder on the back and I designed it to work there. My wife and I do a lot of paddle boarding and mountain biking so I would put our helmets, gloves, shoes, life vest, etc in it. Depending on what we were doing I had things that I didn't want to keep getting in and out of the back of the vehicle to get, so I would just store them in the bag. I have a couple of the bags that I have loaded up with gear ready to go, so I can just through it on the rig and I'm out quickly. It also worked good for wet towels, bathing suits, and dirty gear after playing. I just found the Trasharoo to be way to big for what I needed for just a day out at the lake or trail. I started getting a lot of interest in the bag and some other gear I make, so I redesigned it a little bit to work in other areas such as on the spare tire and truck tailgates so that it was more universally usable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke