Ranger Raptor testing in Flagstaff

Clutch

<---Pass
Disagree own a '11 Raptor and '10 taco reg cab manual. Night and day difference in parking and driving in tight congested areas. Taco does everything I need it to just less comfortable for long highway trips and far less towing capacity.

I have a 1st gen Taco and the biggest truck we had a Mack-R Series Tri-axle dump in our construction fleet.

The difference between the current mid-size and a 1/2 ton Fullsize is splitting hairs. At least from my experience.

ranger_t6_dodge_ram.jpg

That said, it is nice to get a true fullsize again. ;):)

22141134_10155818483169630_1968999471197339736_n.jpg

Last edited:

ultraclyde

Observer
That said, it is nice to get a true fullsize again. ;):)
This has kind of been my thought. Assuming they are about the same size as the Colorados, it means they are about the same size as the '69 F100 I had. When the Colorado first re-upped I had a photo of my Gen 2 Explorer parked next to it and the Colo was bigger but not by an astounding amount.

ultraclyde

Observer
Saw some tidbits in a Ford sales associate's video that led me to this gem: AutoNews verifies Yakima partnership

Basically, Ford will offer a slew of Yakima accessories INCLUDING THEIR RTTs and bed racks through the dealership so you can add them to the truck and just finance the total. It's not something I'd do personally, but talk about making it an overlanding vehicle straight from the dealer, wow.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
FYI, the US is going to get a Raptor Ranger. It will be a 2022 model released around June of 2021. No diesel at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior