Random dog shots

shawkins

Adventurer
Heres a pic my dad took of Katie and I bird hunting.

IMG_8946.jpg

Maddmatt

Explorer
A tale of two dogs

Great, long running thread. I've enjoyed checking in from time to time and seeing everybody's dogs.

Here's my tale (tail?) of two dogs. Just felt like sharing today.

The first is Wiley, he was a red/white with blue eyes Siberian Husky. A rescue dog, given to me on my 21st birthday as I was going through a long bout of physical therapy following a serious knee reconstruction. I'm sure they do the same surgery in about 30 minutes today, but it was a big deal back then. So we sort of healed each other, as he had his own issues - and had apparently been treated very roughly in his earlier life.

He was with me 15 years, we had to put him down two years ago this week - still getting choked up thinking about it. The first picture of Wiley is him in his natural element, the second is from right near the end. As you can see, he was endlessly patient with babies, puppies, kittens, bunnies - the only time the "prey instinct" ever showed itself was with squirrels, which he hated with a passion and dispatched whenever possible.

The second is Frannie. Also an adoption, primarily Golden retriever with a good dose of Australian Shepard. Frannie is currently 9, and has had two bouts with cancer, both removed via surgery. We just found out that a third lump is benign, so its a happy time in our house as we're not done with this one yet, but I'm not sure she had another major surgery in her.

One of the photos is from back in the glory days of two cruiser ownership. I love this photo, as she hates to miss a trip, but when they are both parked in the ready position she can't decide which one to get in, so she positioned herself in the middle and waited very patiently. The next photo is her obvious happiness at having made the right choice.

That's it from me.
-Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94