Project "Autonomous" F-350

rayra

Expedition Leader
All that work out in the desert, what are you using for shade when you pick your photo-taking spots? Something on the vehicle now?

I just posted this
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...g-Tent-Awning-poles-from-EMT-Conduit-A-How-To

EMTawningpoles08_zpsincn9yhl.jpg

It would be real easy to attach an awning to the vehicle, roll the extended poles and ropes etc up in it, get to a location and unroll and erect a shade in just a couple minutes. Very minimal cost and effort.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Raceday is usually shoot and move to the next spot in a hurry or a hike in. The only time I would think about setting something up would be camping before or after. I like what you did and the price is right!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
wow, I opened the home page, saw the photo of Dr. Glass, and thought I was on a different site. Thanks to Chris for doing that. Michael DeHaas is an amazing person!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I found a coolant leak at the rear of the motor. It's dripping out of the clutch inspection cover. Any ideas? Freeze plug? :squint:

bftank

Explorer
thoughts on 4wd uhaul and turning the old crew cab into a prerunner with the twin i beam from the uhaul?

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Yes. It's common. I've had trouble with both my 460, and the old 351. Just a gasket.

I can't see any fluid other than what's leaking out of the slot in the transmission cover?

thoughts on 4wd uhaul and turning the old crew cab into a prerunner with the twin i beam from the uhaul?

I have a prerunner, it has to go. 2wd is fun if you have momentum. The minute you stop.... The FORD goes everywhere in 2wd but I won't go out in the desert without 4x4 anymore.

Seabass

Idiot
The 351 would leak out the back of the intake and down behind the driver side cylinder head and drip off the trans cover. I could easily see it once I pulled the engine. The 460 was starting to leak there and got noticed while on the engine stand. That's when the decision was made to just re-seal the entire engine. I'm not saying that your intake gasket is leaking.....but it's worth giving it a good look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94