Prepping a defender 130 for around the world..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Thanks for that..expo was a lot of fun and really surprised how many people came by the truck and said that they had been following the build.... we had a slight accident with the dogs clashing teeth going for a ball so we actually headed pretty much straight home after expo, wasn't much to do down the east coast after the hurricane anyway...lots of flooding and high water all the way back down... turned out to be a nearly 2000 mile round trip with absolutely no problems on the truck...it's a good day..:)

Last edited:

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Finally got my teflon coated 3degree castor degree correction swivel balls in so I overhauled the swivel hub assys, seems to track a lot better on the highway now, and got rid of the slight head shake at 70..
IMG_1921.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Kitchen galley side works lovely, wifey is very happy with it....and that makes me happy..:)... some minor tweaking (different to twerking) of the layout and cooking equipment, it other than that it works well....main design objectives were, easy to setup, easy to pack up and easy to find everything....objectives achieved...
At this angle though...things kept falling out...:)...
IMG_1451.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Expo gave us some new ideas and we changed some things around a bit, it was very windy and getting cool of a night time and it highlighted a desire for somewhere to sit of a night warm and dry in much colder weather, so I'm doing something with an external heated room... pics coming soon..

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Kitchen galley side works lovely, wifey is very happy with it....and that makes me happy..:)... some minor tweaking (different to twerking) of the layout and cooking equipment, it other than that it works well....main design objectives were, easy to setup, easy to pack up and easy to find everything....objectives achieved...
At this angle though...things kept falling out...:)...
View attachment 372820

This from the guy who complains when I post sideways? Shame on Shayne

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Well the engine has been blowing a bit of smoke intermittently lately and consuming oil...looks like the turbo I installed has to come off and be redone...bummmer but better here than in the plains of Mongolia..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles