Post your Nissan Camping Pictures!

OB_Logic

Camelfilter... how does the Flippac hold up against moisture? Rain? I know they have a "rain tarp" for it but I never understood why they don't just use waterproof material?

Mr.510

Surprise Lake, Washington.

IMG_20130710_192757_306_zps1c9d1d8a.jpg

Misplaced the can opener...

2011-06-18_18-53-58_818.jpg

About 1/3 of the way around the lake from camp.

2011-08-17_19-15-10_824.jpg

Mt.Rainier so close you can almost reach out and touch it!

2011-08-17_18-02-28_571.jpg

Note to self: Take more pics OF camp, not just FROM camp!

mattsavage

Observer
Flippac on an 84 Nissan 720

This is my rig, "Ocho". Bought in '94, with 40k on the odometer. Cost every penny I saved during my first deployment in the Navy, a whopping $2200! 340k later and she's still rolling along! I do alot of mtb racing, travel all over. I wake up fresh every day, so much better than sleeping on the ground! My dad bought the FP in 99 for his Toyota, then sold it to me in 03 when he upgraded to a fullsize camper and a Dodge cummins.

Picketts Charge in Bend, OR. 2012 or so
2mdkin4.jpg

2r7y8tl.jpg

Echo, Oregon at the Echo Red 2 Red race in 2014. A week of single digits turned into freezing rain on race day... Stayed cozy in there with just a Little Buddy heater!
2wf4ciw.jpg

Cold, cold morning but the LB heater warms it right up (as long as the fly is on...)
2ymy9fs.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
This is my rig, "Ocho". Bought in '94, with 40k on the odometer. Cost every penny I saved during my first deployment in the Navy, a whopping $2200! 340k later and she's still rolling along! I do alot of mtb racing, travel all over. I wake up fresh every day, so much better than sleeping on the ground! My dad bought the FP in 99 for his Toyota, then sold it to me in 03 when he upgraded to a fullsize camper and a Dodge cummins.

Picketts Charge in Bend, OR. 2012 or so
2mdkin4.jpg

2r7y8tl.jpg

Echo, Oregon at the Echo Red 2 Red race in 2014. A week of single digits turned into freezing rain on race day... Stayed cozy in there with just a Little Buddy heater!
2wf4ciw.jpg

Cold, cold morning but the LB heater warms it right up (as long as the fly is on...)
2ymy9fs.jpg

This thing is amazing!

Camelfilter

Explorer
Camelfilter... how does the Flippac hold up against moisture? Rain? I know they have a "rain tarp" for it but I never understood why they don't just use waterproof material?

Mine has held up really well. I use the rain fly for it if I'm expecting rain/snow, and my rain fly is the aftermarket SloSails version so it's vented. Minimal inside moisture from breathing, similar to a regular tent that's well vented.

The FP tent alone is pretty water resistant, but definitely not waterproof. I also sprayed it with a UV/water resistance spray. The real issue with there tent is the seams, the windows and how it mounts to the fiberglass.

There are a crap load of seams which I've never found the need to seam seal. The way the windows are made with the screen on the outside could/would funnel water inside. The way the tent mounts to the camper leaves a sort of shelf on the bottom outside, which would/could allow water pooling/funneling inside.

The fly solves all that, and is quick enough to install solo.

They are a super setup, I've been in a bunch of storms with it-no problem. Including some that were very high wind.

As mattsavage also wrote, they're not too bad bellow zero. I use a big buddy heater in mine, it has 2 of the little buddy heating elements. Normally I didn't have to use the high setting on mine (both elements) until it was bellow freezing, and at that setting just to warm up enough, then turned it down to medium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles