Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

Justice R

Adventurer
m

spike2.jpg

Robinsvoyage

this is my 1988 Dodge Raider with Limited Slip Differentials. I currently am having a safari rack made for her roof, a large fender guard with combination light bar fabricated, as well as a roof ladder on the rear cargo door. This week her suspension is being bolstered by my mechanic here in Nebraska. In October I will have her windows tinted and purchase Mud Terrain tires.

This is all building up to an expedition in late Spring of 2010 to South America. I already have my Yellow Card and am putting together a team with multiple vehicles. This one is mine.
P1180235.jpg

water2.jpg

mud7hit.jpg

mud1approach.jpg

meheromuddyraider.jpg

goodsideoftheroaddirtyheadlights.jpg

I hope if anyone's interested they'll follow our adventure.

Robin

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Finally finished opening up the center bore on a set of FJC wheels. Here they are with 255/75-17 BFG Muds on my 1997 SR:

IMG_9993_small.jpg
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Man that is one nice lookinf Monty. I love those body styles, kind of akin to the 3rd Gen 4Runner but with better interior room. My folks used to have an older style Trooper and the similar "big upper glass" style of body led to a great driving position, great view and what felt like ALOT of interior space. I'd love to have that head room in the back of my 4Runner. I think tha truck would look perfect with some 255/85's if they'd fit. Still it's one sweet looking monty.

IRS or no that thing is getting USED!!!!!!!!! Great pics, I love that you get out there and use your 4wd mate. Question about the 3rd Gen's. Do you have to do something to correct for camber when you loft all the way around? I was driving behind one the other day (a 3rd gen I belive...IRS) and it had been lifted but poorly obviously because the rear tires looked like this:
\ / and the fronts kind of did too. Yours doesn't, but are you lifted??? nice rig too BTW. I've always been a beliver in Mitsu's and I'm glad to see that even something that we wouldn't think would work like IRS is out there getting it done.

Cheers

Dave

mrbishi

Adventurer
No technically a Pajero but I guess in some markets it's called a Montero Sport / Pajero Sport :)

Here's my Mitsubishi Challenger.

au4wdcustom2.jpg

au4wdcustom4.jpg

au4wdcustom8.jpg

au4wdcustom10.jpg

78Bronco

Explorer
This is what I've started with.

I think I'll start a project thread for the new steed. Still haven't really wheeled it and not sure it will be used for hardcore. More camping and exploring.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So far I have ditched the running boards, the fake grill guard, window ferrings, the lights and found some 33x10.5 MT's. I'm liking the diesel. Yakima cargo rack and gutter mount system too.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 4,723
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 4,731
Last edited:

Dolomiti

Adventurer
Nice, clean-looking truck. I'm assuming that's back at the PINS?

Thanks. I am in the process of putting on OME and some 33x10.5s

The top picture is out past High Island/Bolivar, on the beach to Port Arthur.

The bottom pic is at mile 40 on PINS (north island).

DavidG

Adventurer
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Man that is one nice lookinf Monty. I love those body styles, kind of akin to the 3rd Gen 4Runner but with better interior room. My folks used to have an older style Trooper and the similar "big upper glass" style of body led to a great driving position, great view and what felt like ALOT of interior space. I'd love to have that head room in the back of my 4Runner. I think tha truck would look perfect with some 255/85's if they'd fit. Still it's one sweet looking monty.

Thanks! 255/85's would fit, no problem. I would have preferred them, but I happened to come across a great deal on the 255/75-17s and a set of 17x7.5 steelies.

Still having fun with my Gen4 shorty. No touring yet though

Love the shorty!

Last edited:

Lygriek

GEN III Montero's are better than most people think.

The GenIII continues to impress me. Initially I was skeptical about the full independent suspension, but they seem to do quite well offroad. Have fun!

Just thought I would share...

gorman3.jpg

Don't have it anymore, financial hardship forced me to part with it but I will have another!!!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Don't have it anymore, financial hardship forced me to part with it but I will have another!!!

Micheal,

So sorry to hear that. I remember seeing it at MOD 08 and being impressed by the quality of the work you put into that bumper. Not sure if you remember me but I was there with my Red gen I riding on 33's (or maybe that was the 07 Mod when I went w/out a rig :( since it was a rebuilding year for me).

I hope your buyer was also dully impressed and kept the bumper (or perhaps you kept it and put the stock one back on).

Anyhow, hope to see you in another Mitsu 4x4 soon.

Ray
Aka Off Roader.

Lygriek

Micheal,

So sorry to hear that. I remember seeing it at MOD 08 and being impressed by the quality of the work you put into that bumper. Not sure if you remember me but I was there with my Red gen I riding on 33's (or maybe that was the 07 Mod when I went w/out a rig :( since it was a rebuilding year for me).

I hope your buyer was also dully impressed and kept the bumper (or perhaps you kept it and put the stock one back on).

Anyhow, hope to see you in another Mitsu 4x4 soon.

Ray
Aka Off Roader.

It was MOD 07. I kept the bumper.

Thanks for the kind words.

DavidG

Adventurer
That IS a great looking rig! Get another when you can. Articulation? We don't need no stinking articulation. We have Mitsubishis. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles