Post Pic's of your Jeep

Secosera

Nice pic and rig. Did you detail trip on this site? If not can you share some details on trip, I am in Richmond and make regular runs to Atlanta and would love to do a trip like yours. How much time was spent off pavement?

Thanks.

Thanks! I did not document it on the site unfortunately.
We actually kind of winged the first half of the trip using freecampsites.net whenever we got signal and found some places that were on forest service roads in national forests. The 2nd half we loosely followed the outboundoverland.com route but still kind of just found stuff. I would say 70% was off pavement with about 25% of that being more technical trails.

Secosera

I'm going to quote you too, just so you'll get alerted to the post. Great looking XJ! What front bumper are you running? I'm interested in using something like the round bar over the winch as part of a fab idea for my ZJ. The size and shape on that one look like they might be what I need.
It's a Rough Country Winch bumper. They sell the bar seperately and have different sizes.

squint

Adventurer
Two. My first Jeep in 1965, a 1949 Willys Overland Ute Wagon; only year with the flat grill; with Chevy V-8, 3 on the tree, Dana 18 T. case, 5.38:1 geared Dana 25/41 axles, SOA (one of the first i'd done or even seen), Studebaker 33% O.D., single, swing down tail light on the tailgate.

My last hard core Jeep: a 1982 CJ-8 with a lot of stuff. Only part of the frame and the tub remained stock.

In the Little Sluice, Rubicon:

On it's way to the new owner:

There were 10 4WD's in between these two: '80 Scout II Traveler Nissan turbo diesel; 2 Land Cruisers, '66 FJ40 and '70 FJ55; 3-XJ's, '89, '90, '99; 1-Nissan Murano; RAM pickup; Kioti 4WD tractor; 2011 Jeep G.C. Limited. Only the '99 XJ, '01 Ram, '08 Kioti, and '11 G.C. remain.

Out of curiosity, is that a stock color for the CJ8? The reason I ask is that I saw another 8 that looked the same color but I assumed he had painted it that color. I love that desert military color/look.

Nice rig!

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Squint, it is the factory color, called 'Jamaica Beige'. After a few decades and a case of rattle can 'desert sand' most of the original paint was covered up. Here's a pic when it was new to me right after doing an SOA: This was the luxury model Scrambler at the time.

and my proprietary California plate:

jefe

Last edited:

Oldmonkeybut

Observer
image_01 (1).jpg
My winter project is nearing completion. This was my wifes stock TJ Sahara in December. Rubicon Express 5.5Long Arm, Dana 44 rear with Detroit TruTrac and 4.88 gears. 30 front with TruTrac and 4.88's. Bilstien Shocks. XRC Bumpers with modified swing away Tire Carrier. Corbeau Trailcat Seats. Viair on board air and a bunch of other stuff

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Pic of jeep under carriage with full skid/protection plates....Overland with QL, QTII

Front to back:

Chiefs Products Lower Front Guard
Chiefs Sump Protection
Mopar Axle Plate
Chiefs Transmission Plate
Mopar Transfer case guard kit
Rocky Road Skid package (fuel tank skid plates and front drivers side)
Rocky Road Rock Rails

iDiggs9

Top of the World Trail, Moab, UT

40074649632_7e955272e0_h.jpg
great picture !

Gotowork

08' Commander, OME 2 1/2" HD full suspension, dual batteries, 3 gal. air tank w/compressor, 21 gal. fresh water tank w/ pump, custom built cargo rack

Attachments

• PSX_20180412_020127.jpg
    PSX_20180412_020127.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40

ratled

Adventurer
HA I just saw your rig last night as you were heading to the Galleria! I I took a picture at the light because there was too much to check out before the light turned green. NICE build.

ratled

Spartan.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online