Post Pic's of your Jeep

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
You mean that XJ doesn't already have a lift? I would have guessed that a 4" lift with 31s just looking at its stance, must just be the angles of the pictures or something.

draganof

Observer
Those are the lower mounts for a possible future RTT or can be used for poles for a tarp or awning. There are similar devices on the rear.

madgsf

Pretty much my dream JKUR right there Brian. I am curious why you changed the rear locker to a Detroit from the factory e-locker. How do you find it drives on the street with the 6spd, is it your daily driver?

Mark

deeb0c4b.jpg

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Pretty much my dream JKUR right there Brian. I am curious why you changed the rear locker to a Detroit from the factory e-locker. How do you find it drives on the street with the 6spd, is it your daily driver?

Mark

View attachment 113912

The Detroit was on my F150, not the Jeep. For what it's worth I loved the Detroit and a previous Aussie locker in another vehicle, but both were automatics. A good friend of mine had a TJ with a manual trans and Detroit and it was pretty miserable to drive. The inherent backlash of the Detroit (I could turn the driveshaft nearly 3/8 of a turn by hand freely) makes it very rough and clunky when shifting. Changing gears while turning was also interesting. Let off the throttle to shift and the locker disengages (oversteer), get back into the throttle and it locks and wants to understeer. You get use to that a little but I wouldn't install an auto locker with a manual trans myself. With an automatic they are pretty smooth.

I'm sure the question was asked because you thought I had the Detroit in the Jeep, but it drives great. The manual trans is noisy and clunky, I'm not a huge fan of it so far, but I'll take a noisy and clunky manual over an automatic any day. This is my daily driver at home, but I'm only home for 13 out of every 28 days. I would have no issues with this as a daily though, mileage is better than expected and it's comfortable to drive. I left the top off when I left for work this time though, and I'm pretty sure my wife is enjoying it while I'm gone... :rolleyes:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Gatorpsd: I like your thinkin'!!

2012-04-13_12-45-28_542.jpg

I was (am) planning on flet fenders and corners for my TJ, but will be currently spending that $$ on a new windshield frame and glass :snorkel:

TJroll3.jpg

Welcome to the forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles