Point Five Ambo Build

Coachgeo

Explorer
Guessing that is a commercial Ambo service... cause of the book of Isaiah verse notice on it. Or if it is not the stupid anti religious ...... esp. anti Christian organizations will be start a holley war against the city due to violation of "freedom of religion" caused by that mention being forced upon folk who may not want to read it :eek::rolleyes:

eporter

Adventurer
That simpler, roof-top flag graphic would look great on the sides, with the stars towards the front and the stripes trailing to the back. Make the whole thing out of colored retro-reflective vinyl and really light up the night...!

patoz

Expedition Leader
Guessing that is a commercial Ambo service... cause of the book of Isaiah verse notice on it. Or if it is not the stupid anti religious ...... esp. anti Christian organizations will be start a holley war against the city due to violation of "freedom of religion" caused by that mention being forced upon folk who may not want to read it :eek::rolleyes:

It is a privately owned Ambulance Service. Click on the 'About' tab at the top to read the history which is very interesting, especially the part about Jimmy Stewart. http://thecliftoncompanies.com/abingdonambulance/

patoz

Expedition Leader
That simpler, roof-top flag graphic would look great on the sides, with the stars towards the front and the stripes trailing to the back. Make the whole thing out of colored retro-reflective vinyl and really light up the night...!

I agree, and if I was going to do a patriotic theme, that is probably what I would do also. What they did is pretty cool in a way, but it's a little too 'busy' for me. I would like something more simple and to the point.

eporter

Adventurer
I can't remember if I'd shared this with you before, but ambo trailers are always cool.
https://eugene.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2017-ultimate-stainless-steel/6669448514.html
"Ultimate enclosed trailer 8 x 12 all aluminum ambulance body with amazing storage. Trailer built by trailers unlimited in 2017. Weighs around 3900 lbs has a 7000 lb axle with 8 lug wheels. Double door in back wide enough for ATV with floor locks. Clean Oregon Title with DMV. Phone calls only no time to text 5 four 1 - nine 9 nine - 1 zero 9 one. "
00p0p_7hLBwUfhG2A_1200x900.jpg

Reactions: B85

patoz

Expedition Leader
That is cool and they did a pretty good job on it also. I wouldn't be surprised if some Fire Department doesn't snap that up.

I wondered at first about the $6,000.00 price tag, which seemed pretty cheap to me. However, it looks like they went with a single wheel 7,000 lb. axle, whereas I went with a dual wheel 10,000 lb. Rockwell axle and the extended tongue.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
If you guys don't hear from me for a few days, this is why...

sshot-2018-10-08-[1] modified.png

If this thing wobbles even a few degrees to the West, Pensacola will get hit head on. Not my first rodeo, but not looking forward to it either. We should know more about it tomorrow, so for now we sit and wait.

RiderBloke

Observer

View attachment 477003

If this thing wobbles even a few degrees to the West, Pensacola will get hit head on. Not my first rodeo, but not looking forward to it either. We should know more about it tomorrow, so for now we sit and wait.

Stay well and safe. I am monitoring because of my attachment to Dade City where I build with Habitat in winter. At present I am on the final day of a 3 week vacation in Australia. Looked at some new RVs whilst here. Nice. But take care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coachgeo

Explorer

keep me posted. Got friends and family your way. Was born and raised in PC area.

patoz

Expedition Leader
For those following this storm, Hurricane Michael is a Cat 3 now, with 120 mph winds. It is expected to make landfall with 125 mph winds. If it goes up 5 more mph, it will be a Cat 4. This storm is right at 500 miles in diameter and is going to cause destruction inland as far as North and South Carolina.

The party starts tomorrow morning, but should really be kicking ass by about noon time.

sshot-2018-10-09-[2].png

rlrenz

Explorer
All you can do is ride it through. The news says that the increased rain and hurricane activity are all due to global warming, so you might have even more hurricane activity in the coming years.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Good luck Pat!
Stay safe!!!

Thanks Ken!

I have worked through every one we've had since 1969, so like I said not my first rodeo by any means, but you still take each one very seriously! If it tracks as predicted, we will get a lot of wind and rain tomorrow which will knock out power for days, and maybe some flooding especially on our beaches, which are already having problems. Other than that, we should be OK.

Now, if it doesn't make that turn tomorrow that they are talking about, guess what? It is going to head straight for us, and the proverbial ******** Will Hit The Fan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier