Pie iron

spikemd

Explorer
I bought some last year and used them once, but need to cook more with them. Problem with west coast is burn ban most of the summer. But sounds like they can be used over regular burners as well.

tae73

Observer
I bought some last year and used them once, but need to cook more with them. Problem with west coast is burn ban most of the summer. But sounds like they can be used over regular burners as well.

I typically just use my single burner, off the 1 pound bottle to cook with mine.

Honu

lost on the mainland
snow peak ones
we have to many burn bans so can't use fires enough the snow peak ones pack super small with the folding handles and super easy to clean and use on a stove

one fav is scrambled egg cook set aside
then put in thawed hash browns and lay down egg then sausage and cheese if ya like then more hashbrowns then cook :)

yes you can make all that on the side and have a normal but these are fun and kids like the fun of these and fun is part of camping

the pizza bread things of course

pop up cinnamon rolls for a quick fun thing

Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_01.jpgSnow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_02.jpgSnow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_03.jpgSnow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_04.jpg

CSG

Explorer
They seem like a lot of trouble and bulk (at least the Snow Peak ones are smartly designed). But then, camping isn't about food to me.

Honu

lost on the mainland
They seem like a lot of trouble and bulk (at least the Snow Peak ones are smartly designed). But then, camping isn't about food to me.

Agree especially on bulk and weight of regular ones
the kids like them for me part of camping is fun food but it’s behind just getting out
As kids get older trying to get them into cooking their own food with their own stuff want to make some alcohol stoves out of cans so they learn that kinda stuff and have them on their own for one meal a day so my camping is continually changing getting more simple all the time :)

tatanka48

Agree especially on bulk and weight of regular ones
the kids like them for me part of camping is fun food but it’s behind just getting out
As kids get older trying to get them into cooking their own food with their own stuff want to make some alcohol stoves out of cans so they learn that kinda stuff and have them on their own for one meal a day so my camping is continually changing getting more simple all the time :)

AGREE w/ fun food being a major component of the experience specially w/ kids involved

getting out

enjoying nature

good food

good company(family AND friends)

= fond rememberies

T

xvz12

We keep a couple of pie irons on board for when the grandkids come with us, keeps 'em occupied for a while...lol. We bring along a couple of tubes of crescent roll dough, & a can of pie filling, makes fantastic little pies. Of course, they also do great grilled cheese sands.

CSG

Explorer
You know, we traveled with our kids for many years. I'm hard pressed to remember any of the food. What I remember are the places and activities. Horses for courses, I suppose. I can guaranty you that little kids aren't going to remember much about food unless sugar is involved... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles