Picked Up the New Isuzu NPS 300

alan

Explorer
You'll have NASA chasing you next, for those brackets!

John have you seen the latest 4x4 action mag? there's an article on a canter 4x4

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Hi John,I ordered the Chrome Grille Seperately,looks good I reckon,I bought it at the same time as the Extra Tank,2 x Camera Extension leads,the loom and the Camera.
So far I have fitted the Flat Tray Sprung Brackets,Extra Tank,Tow bar,wired up the Cameras and tow bar plug with a step down invertor. With the fuel tank I fitted an On / On panel switch on the Dash to read the tanks,and what I did was use two 3 way ball valves so I can do a manual tank changeover.
I have also fitted the Super Singles:)

Speaking about the Super Singles what pressure should I be running them lightly loaded compared to fullly loaded ( fully loaded would be around 5500KG or 12100lb)

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
John have you seen the latest 4x4 action mag? there's an article on a canter 4x4

Hey Alan, Mickldo sent me a PM about it so I went out and bought the current issue (140 I think) and couldn't see it so I thought it was maybe in the latest 4wd Action DIY Guide. Nope. $20 later I'm none the wiser. Got some new reading stock for the dunny though.

Which issue is it exactly?

BTW They contacted us about a week ago about coming up to do an article. Pretty sure the boss put them off till we've got a couple of trucks going out all at once. The RTW FG which should be finished in a week or so but that didn't count cause we didn't do the whole job.

Maybe they'll do an article on the next MAN or the SWB FG Scout which will both be done in a month or so. Both those jobs would be worth an article. I don't think anyone's been up since they did one on the big blue FG or the caravan which were both years ago.

Cheers Alan.

Regards John

alan

Explorer
hi john, we got our free issue yesterday in the post, it may not be on the shelves as yet.

they were actually impressed with its ability off road.

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
ozzyfishman, does your new truck have a particle afterburner in the exhaust?

Hi Alan,yes it does,but after speaking to a few owners of the trucks,I feel comfortable with it.
The DPD does a self burn every 180 miles or 290klm and you can do a manual burn if you need to. Cheers John

alan

Explorer
they seem to play havoc with fuel economy, nissan navara's have them only on the automatics and they suffer from poor fuel economy, the manual vehicles much better on fuel with no particle filter.

whatcharterboat

they were actually impressed with its ability off road.

Hey Alan, as I've said on here before, >> most of the normal 4wd set really haven't got a clue about how good these truck are. The guys from Brisbane Isuzu were telling me the other day about when they took a new NPS to Landcruiser Park. Same story. Even they were blown away.

And then you should see what these trucks will do when you've got a real crazy (like my boss ) behind the wheel. Some of the positions we've been in on our old test track are really unbelievable. Anyway it's all ahead of you when you get yours on the road.

whatcharterboat

hi john, we got our free issue yesterday in the post, it may not be on the shelves as yet.

What's the issue number Alan?

Thanks.

they seem to play havoc with fuel economy
Oh, I'll be seeing one of the NPS owners who is running 19.5's in a couple of days. I'll ask him about consumption figures and post back here.

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Nps Progess Pics

Took a photo of the dash layout and the UHF Radio I have just finished installing

IsuzuProgressPhotos001.jpg

A view of the Extra Fuel tank, Singles Fitted "etc"

IsuzuProgressPhotos005.jpg

Cheers Ozzyfishaman

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Are your singles symmetrical front and rear? That is, can you swap front and rear, or do you have to carry two different spares?

thx, John

Hi John,
Yes they are symmetrical,they are the wheels that All Terrain Warriors have had manufactured for their customers,I hope this helps.

Cheers Ozz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles