(partially) new Tundra coming?

Grassland

What do we figure the reasoning is behind not having the large fuel tank available on a double cab?
Could be a Canadian thing I guess.
A TRD off road SR double cab optioned as I would drive it is $56k, actually cheaper than an equivalently equipped F150, but gas the 22 gallon tank. Fiddling with the build and price or comparing trims it looks like only a crew cab gets the larger tank.
Unless it's to get the payload # up, I didn't look at the payload of a crew cab.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That does seem odd... but I guess there is something slightly more substantial that it butts up against?

Just looking at that mess of an engine makes me wish I had something built in the 60s...
Exactly my sentiments. I use to travel to Baja in domestic pickups. Manuals if you lucked out. The only thing I miss from those days is A/C. I have an '07 Ram 5.9 Cummins,pre- mess emissions,manual with A/C and a few others. Not that simple but nothing like the newer ones. I watched Three Girls Garage do a turbo swap on a 3.5 Ecoboost. One of the turbos died so the girls replaced both with modified ones. What a mess getting those things out.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
A feature I forgot about that the Tundra had the the F150 didn't was leveling headlights for when a trailer is hooked up. Either manual or auto depending on trim.

Kind of a neat idea. As someone who tows, I would appreciate that.

And or course the roll down rear window in the Tundra. Still don't know why that hasn't been copied.
I'd trust airbags over electronic leveling headlights.

phsycle

Adventurer
What do we figure the reasoning is behind not having the large fuel tank available on a double cab?
Could be a Canadian thing I guess.
A TRD off road SR double cab optioned as I would drive it is $56k, actually cheaper than an equivalently equipped F150, but gas the 22 gallon tank. Fiddling with the build and price or comparing trims it looks like only a crew cab gets the larger tank.
Unless it's to get the payload # up, I didn't look at the payload of a crew cab.

In my region, only the SR gets the smaller 22gal tank. SR5+ gets the 32.

Grassland

In my region, only the SR gets the smaller 22gal tank. SR5+ gets the 32.
That's a shame. From what I can tell no way to get a double cab with the larger tank here.
I've tried SR and SR5 and SR TRD Off Road.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204-113415.jpg
    Screenshot_20220204-113415.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 20

skrypj

Exactly my sentiments. I use to travel to Baja in domestic pickups. Manuals if you lucked out. The only thing I miss from those days is A/C. I have an '07 Ram 5.9 Cummins,pre- mess emissions,manual with A/C and a few others. Not that simple but nothing like the newer ones. I watched Three Girls Garage do a turbo swap on a 3.5 Ecoboost. One of the turbos died so the girls replaced both with modified ones. What a mess getting those things out.

I got my drivers turbo out in less than 2 hours through the wheel well. Its actually pretty easy. And I am just a bum with some basic tools in my poorly lit garage.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
That's a shame. From what I can tell no way to get a double cab with the larger tank here.
I've tried SR and SR5 and SR TRD Off Road.
Yeah, we have different option groups in Canada vs the US. Canada, each trim only seems to come one way with no additional options. It's part of what kept me out of a Tundra. Can't even add tow mirrors? Really?

bkg

Explorer
Received a marketing email from Toyota…

talk about the 2022 4runner. 2022 Tacoma. 2022 hilander.

And 2021 tundra. I’m not sure how hard to laugh.46D61969-FA72-4A8F-9EF6-30BC31BDB87D.png7CDE9E3B-8FEE-4086-9D15-2FAF0AFD562F.png

01tundra

Explorer
aAROnN5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles