(partially) new Tundra coming?

D

Deleted member 9101

Personally I think the Tundra would be better off with a turbo. Living at over 6000 feet turbos have a lot of benefit. At this point I look at the power band before I look at the mpgs. But I only drive the truck 6000-8000 miles a year.

Personally I think everything is better off with a turbo. ?

Dalko43

Explorer
Maybe for overseas? The foreign market for diesels is very robust. Not here.

The patent was applied for in the US, hence it was in support of a US-focused design.

Any diesel, or gasoline engine for that matter, that Toyota decides to put into its truck would be robust...I have no concerns about that.

I will bet dalko or any other fanboy $1k right now that the next gen Tundra will not be diesel.

Turbo-6 is much much more likely. For a lifestyle truck like the Tundra, it makes even more sense.

By the way, companies file all sorts of patents. Look at all the filings by the big companies. Some are downright silly. But they do so to protect their intellectual property, not necessarily for product implementation.

It's funny that I get called the "fanboy" while you, @Jnich77 and @rruff come over to the Toyota section to discuss how much better the F-150's and Rangers are by comparison.

I won't take any bet because I'm stating my opinion, rather than claiming ownership to a fact. What Toyota actually does is anyone's guess. By the way, patent paperwork isn't proof positive that a new and reliable Toyota diesel is incoming to North America (and I never said otherwise), but it is a prerequisite for that sort of strategic move.

You say "lifestyle" truck, I say "lifetime" truck. I have 100k hard miles on my 4runner (all incurred in the northeastern rust-prone climate). I expect to get another 100k without much issue. I know there are plenty of Tundra's that are thriving at that mileage and well beyond in very arduous working conditions.

billiebob

Saw an article, can't remember who, but the industry is pissed with suppliers leaking "spy photos" and they threatened to cancel contracts with suppliers leaking photos, probably a good thing. Crucify the Mother F---kers

phsycle

Adventurer
Saw an article, can't remember who, but the industry is pissed with suppliers leaking "spy photos" and they threatened to cancel contracts with suppliers leaking photos, probably a good thing. Crucify the Mother F---kers

But isn’t any PR good PR? ?

D

Deleted member 9101

You say "lifestyle" truck, I say "lifetime" truck. I have 100k hard miles on my 4runner (all incurred in the northeastern rust-prone climate). I expect to get another 100k without much issue. I know there are plenty of Tundra's that are thriving at that mileage and well beyond in very arduous working conditions.

I find it hilarious that you are bragging about something that domestic trucks have done for decades.

D

Deleted member 9101

It's funny that I get called the "fanboy" while you, @Jnich77 and @rruff come over to the Toyota section to discuss how much better the F-150's and Rangers are by comparison.

At the end of the day the F150 and Ranger out preform the Tundra and Tacoma... All while getting better fuel economy, costing less, and have a better crash test ratings. Both Toyota trucks are out dated, out gunned, and over priced. Only someone blinded by brand loyalty would refuse to admit that.

(For the record: I dont think Toyota builds bad trucks, they simply don't build the best)

Reactions: bkg
D

Deleted member 9101

My buddy at work had a 3.5 Ecoboost F150 that blew up on him. So he switched to a 5.0L F150. It spent more time in the shop than on the road. Last week he ditched it too and bought a new 4Runner. Old tech rules.

My inlaws Camary dropped the tranny at 35k and again at 50. They now own a Nissan.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Somewhat. The configuration is old tech, the rest, not so much.
Ah. Never had an issue with mine. But, have heard about a few issues with them. I'd be interested in the EcoBoost since I tow and it makes the power down low.

I'm curious to see if the next Tundra does in fact come out with a twin turbo 6 that makes power down low as well. Could be a pretty interesting comparison. That'll make for a hard choice.

Perhaps I'll start a thread about it.... :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles