Ozark Trail/Walmart camping equipment

This thread sure got ruined- thanks clawhammer - do you have to ruin every thread?

I started reading this thread hoping to find out if maybe the Ozark Trail answer to the $400 Yeti cooler my buddy just bought was any good. Instead, I just read through 2 pages of information and six pages of train wreck. I suppose the best thing about the internet is that you can be anyone you wish to. Now back to our regularly scheduled d*** measuring contest.

MOguy

Explorer
I started reading this thread hoping to find out if maybe the Ozark Trail answer to the $400 Yeti cooler my buddy just bought was any good. Instead, I just read through 2 pages of information and six pages of train wreck. I suppose the best thing about the internet is that you can be anyone you wish to. Now back to our regularly scheduled d*** measuring contest.

There is a good thread in this section already discussing those coolers. People seem to very happy with the Ozark trails one.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Yeah; guilty as charged.
I've only got so much money to dedicate to non-essentials (of which my wife thinks includes Jeep and truck stuff, camping gear, and guns and ammo). So I shop around to stretch my dollars, which includes shopping at Wal-Mart. Often they've got what I need, and at a good price. And there are lots of Wal-Marts around (including Alaska/Canada) so that makes it even better. I've never been unhappy with an Ozark Trail product, or any of their camping related stuff I've purchased.
We were overlanding in Alaska/Canada once and decided (while being rained on again) that we should have purchased a folding canopy for our campsite. So we drove into Whitehorse to Wal-Mart and bought a 10' folding canopy (don't know if it was an Ozark Trail product). We stayed dry that night, and I've still got it (that was 2012). And their parking lot looked like an overlanding convention was going on.

TheGetLostTaco

We go places
There is a very good post here that goes into detail about "Ozark Trail" coolers. Ozark Trail is Wall-Mart and one would assume lower quality then other higher dollar items. I suspect for many or us that a lower dollar alternative would be welcome for various reasons.

I will start:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/39511130. Ozark Trail 40F degree Cool Weather Mummy Sleeping Bag.
Great price, good ratings. I found it will NOT keep you warm at departures even close to that and the zipper is cheap. It is big enough. I am 5'11" 185lbs.

I was in a pinch a few months back and purchased one of these sleeping bags, it got down to 20 degrees and I was sleeping in a "dirty" ground tent; I was pretty warm and snug in the sleeping bag. I have learned over my years that price doesn't always mean quality. I only paid $29 for the sleeping bag... now for the roots and rocks that the tent was over... that's a different story. I know some of the top of the line sleeping bags come with an air mattress that they lay on. Which considering the rocky area that we found to camp would have made a world of difference the next morning... I am pretty sure my eggs would have tasted different at breakfast if I had a mattress under my sleeping bag! :Wow1:

RusoArmo

Just joined this forum.

Looks like this forum is about the same as all the others I've been apart of, derailed threads, some useful information and exponentially more bickering.

That said,

I just picked up some $4 multi-tools they're selling at my WalMart near the firearms. Work pretty good for removing fishing hooks.

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
I did a dutch oven on my wife the other night and she was NOT impressed!!!

:********::********:

I've got a bunch of their stuff, but the thing that has really stood out to me is their headlamp. Maybe because I've always had giant incandescent stuff. LED, 2 brightness's plus red, no strobe (thank the Lord), just does what its supposed to. Maybe I like it because the rest of my junk doesn't haha

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Anyone need a 73 qt, brand new never touched. was sent wrong size. It would be pick up only in San Clemente. $180.00
949-289-0099

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94