Outfitter MFg sold

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Outfitter has been sold

may be a good thing, Scott who bought it seems to have a lot of experience ( on paper) with successful products. I had had decent luck with getting parts from them in the past ( until Aug, now I know why that order was never completed)

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Interesting. They would do well just to get the business and marketing side straightened out. I don't think there was a problem per se with the quality, but the last couple of years, you weren't even sure they were still in the camper business.

Jack

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Yeah, I have bought parts through them as im working on mine; and honestly it was not easy to " give them money" I had to really be a bit of a squeaky wheel. And had another, large sum i had inquired about, and given the go ahead for. and just never heard back, right about August.

So what you had said, and then a dedicated parts dept... or email address at least

eblau

Adventurer
The story here is it was acquired by a private equity firm, same thing that happened over at FWC. Private equity is not about small, slow money. With Outfitter being such a tiny brand I predict they make some changes to the product, get the manufacturing process straight, ramp up sales for a few years then sell to a large corporate camper company who will either expand Outfitter or harvest the things that Outfitter had done right over the years and rebrand it altogether. That article was a puff piece about the transaction with the usual verbiage something to the tune of "we will continue on in their footsteps" and "I am one of you (outdoorsman) so I know what direction to take this company in" and my favorite " we will listen to you and design products around the end user" YEAH. Now go re-read the article with this in mind and you will get a sense of what I am talking about. When private equity steps in its time to hit the pause button as a consumer and think about what is really going on within.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior