Other fast deploy ground tents besides Oztent and Gazelle?

DaveM

Explorer
Why not just get the biggest Oz Tent RV and call it a day. You already know the quality and the particulars of set up and take down. resale is great and i'm sure you can find one on here if you posted in the sale section. I took my RV 4 to Colo. two other guys had Gazelle tents Oz was up and down faster and when it rained we were under my canopy hooked to 4runner to cook. Just my humble opinion
This is basically where I'm at. Nothing else really competes with them on design and quality IMO. Trying to decide between the RV-4 and the RX-4. But they're expensive! I really like our little RV-3 and was reluctant to get rid of it but will probably be posting it for sale on the forum soon.

Mdmeltdown

Like many have said, the Black Pines Turbo Tent is my go-to tent for the last several years. If you can find one on Ebay, I'd snag it

I am really worried about breaking or ripping it now that you can't get them anymore. Isn't that how most things work? You find something awesome and they quit making it

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Bet you guys $3.50 I can set up my Springbar as fast as any of these contraptions. Here's the catch: you must count the time to stake the corners and fly. You are staking the corners and the fly right? Any takers?

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Bet you guys $3.50 I can set up my Springbar as fast as any of these contraptions. Here's the catch: you must count the time to stake the corners and fly. You are staking the corners and the fly right? Any takers?
Hahaha...I have a Kodiak Canvas tent...once I started using lag screws and a Makita Impact, I no longer disliked set/teardown. These springbar and kodiak tents go up (and down) fast - i did a couple of races with soft sided RTT ... And usually won by a good margin too. Setup was certainly better than the typical REI Kingdom/synthetic material tents too...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Quick Tent
Tent is up in less than 10 seconds, pop in 4 stakes, drop the fly on and clip 4 buckles.

You win. I'm at about 3 min for my Springbar from truck bed to up. And it will stay up no matter what. Something tells me your stopwatch is a little slow though.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm far removed from tent camping but I had an American made Northface dome tent for Baja use. The winds can howl down there but the tent held with the aid of Home Depot giant nails. You've have to hit them with a hammer horizontally and then wiggle them out. We're talking 35 yrs ago and the tent was still $150 I believe.

twin_magnolias

Observer
Family of four here, too. We have the 10x14 Kodiak and it goes up pretty quickly with a helper. I like the idea of an impact drilling in lag bolts as pegs.

MiamiC70

I don’t think so, but thanks for playing.

shellriv

just to give you a possible alternative options lots of us up in canada use our ice fishing hub shelters in the summer also they set up in seconds very well made super durable
the big three brands are clam, eskimo ,otter . clam corp makes summer versions called quick set

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior