Open Carry in Wilderness Areas

Mike W.

My thoughts on the entire thread. If a animal attacks my family, friends or myself I'm going to kill it..with a gun if possible. I don't care if it's a Bear, Cat, Dog or a Crackhead. If it's in the woods, the Walmart parking lot or my backyard. Once my family, friends are safe I will worry about ramifications. The safety of those I care for or the innocent who by no fault of their own comes first..

I would rather be alive and fighting then 6ft under..

09Busaman

In the open wilderness, miles from anyone, I carry on my person. Now in a campground, with lots of other people around I may not, but it may be in the truck. I feel safer when camping in the middle of a camp ground with other people around, but out by ourselves where no one can help, no one can hear, I am condition one and ready at all times. You never know who/what you will run in to and I am simply not willing to take the chance. Dont get me wrong, I dont have an itchy finger, the bear spray comes out first, but if that doesnt work you know the rest.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Such a surprise...

Paul just deleted all of his posts in this thread.

Carry on.
Wait, what? Good grief.

I guess after this whopper....well.

BritKLR said:
I was a public servant for over 30 years. I don't need you to explain who I worked for and served or my relationship with the citizens that put in that office. Remember your basic Civics class and who elects a Sheriff and appoints his Deputies and how a Police Chief is appointed.
I can also tell you that if anyone of the men and/or women that worked for me we're responding to a high risk hostage/citizen rescue, Bank robbery, sexual assualt, murder, child abduction, mass shooting...fill in the blank...said "it's not my responsibility to protect them" then they wouldn't have job anymore, because they failed at the fundamental job description. What you are confusing is tort law to right a perceived wrong not employee responsibilities.
What is also insulting is your broadbrushing of all the brave men and women of law enforcement who have given everything to serve their communities and citizens as some form oppressive entity.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
In the open wilderness, miles from anyone, I carry on my person. Now in a campground, with lots of other people around I may not, but it may be in the truck. I feel safer when camping in the middle of a camp ground with other people around, but out by ourselves where no one can help, no one can hear, I am condition one and ready at all times. You never know who/what you will run in to and I am simply not willing to take the chance. Dont get me wrong, I dont have an itchy finger, the bear spray comes out first, but if that doesnt work you know the rest.
And I'm exactly the opposite. I DO NOT feel safer in a campground with other people around. MAN is the most dangerous animal around. Conversely, alone out in the middle of nowhere I feel pretty safe.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
I'm with deserteagle56 on this subject, I never camp in campgrounds or around large groups because I just don't like to be around large groups, most people are decent enough but there are always exceptions to the rule.

There are no animals in Nevada that are truly dangerous enough to make me carry except humans, so when I camp I usually carry or at least keep a gun close!

plainjaneFJC

Goofball
So what are you referring to?

CCW or open carry?

'cause at the end of the day a dead dude is a dead dude. So which would you rather be? The dead dude, or the one still standing with the chance to explain things?
And dont forget, ANY regulations for carry, regardless of CCW or open, is an infringement upon our 2A.
Thank God someone gets it!