One-burner propane stove?

Dr Gil

Not possible, sorry. What for?

If you want to find the propane bottle - to butane appliance adapters, note that USians pro's will rarely have a clue about this stuff, but they're available on eBay through Amazon and elsewhere.

The quality products are from Korea, "G-WORKS" is great quality and service, pretty pricey but includes a pressure adjustment feature, also a variable regulator is useful at the tank.

______
Terminology for the various fixtures, valve connections : male vs female of course

Butane thin and tall like Iwatani: CP / P220/ DOT2P / CP250 canisters (~ 5/32", 4mm)

Butane wide and squat (usually) standard 7/16 (11mm) UNEF threaded, Lindal Valve, aka "screw style" canisters, EN417 (/ EN521?)

Propane, standard BBQ & other bottles, usually vertical use, vapor valve: Type 1 QCC ACME + POL thread since OPDs were required, used to be POL only

Propane Coleman style 1#: 1"-20

To learn more, google the term + the gas, e.g.

https://www.google.com/search?q=POL+thread+propane

Decent related post here https://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-g-works-adapter-100-propane-for.html

Thank you for this information @john61ct I knew about these adapters, but thought for some reason you could not mix fuels for a butane burner. From what it sounds like, as long as I get a quality adapter and other parts I will have no problem using the propane on my Iwatani 35FW.

Last edited:

rnArmy

Adventurer
I second this Coleman stove. The stove is very stable and you can use it with a big pot or pan without fear if tipping. Partner stoves are just too expensive and are more of a status item. IMHO

Yes; so far this Coleman one look like the winner (reasonably priced, and small footprint). It doesn't have a wind screen, but I'll be using it on my Jeep's tailgate, so that'll protect it some.

I checked out the link for the Partner stove too. Nice, has a windscreen, but way too expensive, and it has a fairly large footprint.

john61ct

Adventurer
Thank you for this information @john61ct I knew about these adapters, but thought for some reason you could not mix fuels for a butane burner. From what it sounds like, as long as I get a quality adapter and other parts I will have no problem using the propane on my Iwatani 35FW.
Yes, no worries.

LPG is very often a mix of butane and propane, may vary by location or season.

For stoves generally interchangeable, but safety requires knowing your stuff, e.g. don't drop liquid out into a vapor-only appliance, watch out for pressure start off slow, do all your R&D outdoors of course etc.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

Attachments

• 71eIBAs34IL._SL1500_.jpg
    71eIBAs34IL._SL1500_.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 29

krick3tt

Adventurer
I got two of those windscreens although they are light enough to be moved around by the wind they do form an effective barrier to the wind.

pluton

Adventurer
Whoever gets one of the coleman single burner units, be prepared to grind/file/wire brush the bottom edges. The one I got had seriously sharp edges from the casting.

rnArmy

Adventurer

WhatTheZo

Agreed. I have the 15000 BTU Iwatani butane burner and have been looking for a propane adapters. Trying to build something reliable is expensive.
Excellent find!

If the hose / adapters good quality, almost worth the price just for that!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SirCampalot

Adventurer
I’ve gone from the 22” Partner Steel to the Jetboil Halfgen single burner along with their little satellite burner. Main thing that I didn’t like about the Partner was its inability to simmer. So far, so good.

Attachments

• 4E655282-D932-4B65-B3E0-E840F9F8D91D.jpeg
    4E655282-D932-4B65-B3E0-E840F9F8D91D.jpeg
    663.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 30048E00-AF72-43B2-A2A7-F70E9EE7CF4B.jpeg
    30048E00-AF72-43B2-A2A7-F70E9EE7CF4B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

john61ct

Adventurer
I have the 15000 BTU Iwatani butane burner and have been looking for a propane adapters. Trying to build something reliable is expensive.
Yes for sure.

To add to my fittings-adapter post above:

There is not "one" adapter, and it's been some time since I had to nut this stuff out.

See the list of that eBay seller's G-Works products.

For going from BBQ propane to a stove like Iwatani only takes the tall/thin nozzle-style canisterd:

Start from the male fitting to insert into the stove, other side Lindal male.

At the other end male into the BBQ female POL (inside the QCC1 Acme), should be an adapter goes to Lindal male.

If not may need to go via Coleman 1"-20.

Then choose a hose length, Lindal to Lindal.

An adjustable regulator needs to be in there too, I ended up with a big one on the POL end then a little butane one on a G-Works piece.

I believe that last may have been part of a very pricey multi-faceted kit, turned out to be overkill, but that was before I knew about these smaller cheaper single components.

Once you figure it out I'll have a look before you order.

Probably would not hurt to message the eBay vendor, his Engrish may have gotten better.

Just say you want to go from standard USA 20# propane bottle QCC/ACME female POL, to the catering Iwantani style stove Female, aka "N-type" "nozzle bottle", bayonet-style CP250 butane canister.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne