Official OZTENT review

XJINTX

Explorer
This happens when one picks the "legs" up too high when unfolding them. They should warn about that in the instructions. I don't lift mine over about a foot high. If there's no wind or rain, I just stake the back corners and middle rear tension straps. This makes for about a 2 min setup time and quick tear down. If I'm going to be there a while I'll set up the awning. I built a basket for my roof rack to secure mine and lock it up. I'll post some pics of it later.

I hope you 'bequeath" me that rack when you move on ;) I REALLY like that build!

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Got this today....sold my OT RV4 and will give this a whirl. Just as much room ast the RV4 , but about 3' shorter when packed up. Can fit it in the Jeep.

483d50d19e70b0a7ed0d41f7781ad175.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
So how do you like it so far?

So far so good...it weighs the same as the RV4 but like I said is more manageable from a size standpoint. I can fit this inside the Jeep, witht he RV4 it went on top. It is built with the same quailty as the RV4 and has the same if not slightly more interior space. Going camping June 28-30 so will report back.

Ooops

Observer
So far so good...it weighs the same as the RV4 but like I said is more manageable from a size standpoint. I can fit this inside the Jeep, witht he RV4 it went on top. It is built with the same quailty as the RV4 and has the same if not slightly more interior space. Going camping June 28-30 so will report back.

Great timing, I've been wondering about these and searching for a side by side comparison from an owner/user. I'm looking forward to your findings.
Thanks

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Got this today....sold my OT RV4 and will give this a whirl. Just as much room ast the RV4 , but about 3' shorter when packed up. Can fit it in the Jeep.

You really need to post some basic info like make and model (and purchased from), please. The length of the OT 30-second tents have been a hang up for me.

Does the door become an awning like with the RV models? Poles included? I'm assuming the material is waterproof and rain-fly is not required, correct?

TIA

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
You really need to post some basic info like make and model (and purchased from), please. The length of the OT 30-second tents have been a hang up for me.

Does the door become an awning like with the RV models? Poles included? I'm assuming the material is waterproof and rain-fly is not required, correct?

TIA

It is the Oz Tent Jet Tent F25. You can get them at http://www.familytentcamping.com/product/F25

Their site:

The F-25 sets up quickly, with no assembly and offers you a luxurious 7' stand-up height that is spacious enough for the family to enjoy! No more hunching over and crouching down while trying to enjoy time in your tent, this gives you liberty to walk around. Plus a 7' 2" attached awning allowing versatility to create additional living space with optional zip on accessories. The extra large windows with gusseted sides and door have no-see-um mesh screens for excellent ventilation without bugs. Also included are the fly, stakes, guy ropes, awning poles and our exclusive Jet Tent Warranty.

Last edited:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Thanks Beowulf for the update....I will get some pictures up this weekend.

Ooops

Observer
Joints

IIRC there was some talk about owners having troubles with joints.
In one case I think a chap was putting one up for the first time after arriving in the dark and doing it on his own.
In general I believe most has ben reported as operator error. That I had a vendor recently described the Jet as not being as robust as the Oz.

I'm watching with great interest:coffee:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
OK so a quick update.....spent 2 nights in the tent earlier this week.

- This is a 2 person tent in more ways than one....2 people plus a 50 pound dog fills up the F25.

- Like other OZTent products putting up just the tent can be done with 1 person. Utilizing the extras most likely will require an additional person. Putting up the awning by yourself would be an adventure...my wife made the job a lot easier. I am 5'10 and was on my tippy toes when putting up the peaked side panels.
- Once the awning and side panels were utilized very little rain got in underneath the awning.
- Tent plus rainfly = a water tight environment
- 2 people required to roll up the attached awning for teardown. This is a big thumbs down...the awning is huge which is beneficial but trying to roll it by yourself is impossible.
- The tent bag is made to store a cold tent...which means when it is raining outside and you do not get the tent rolled up perfect it will still fit in the bag. That is a big deal because we have all experienced bags that are perfect for the brand new rolled up tent...when in reality the bag is 1 inch on all side too small. This is a huge plus for me.
- Coming from the OzTent RV4 the F25 feels like a mansion....we both commented on how the claustrophobic feeling of the RV4 is not there.
- New grey material is nice and airy...lots of light. Good during the day, but not so good when the sun is coming up. Also will show dirt.
- Tent is heavy and slightly awkaward, but not as akward as the RV4. The F25 fits in the back of my Jeep...RV4 was put on top. Big plus for the F25.
- Do not put too much tension on the ground stakes...especially the 2 on the side. You will not be able to close the front mesh and canvas door.
- Quality is there....for the price though I wish it was made somewhere other than China.
- This will be the last tent I buy for a while.

51f9b8994c08f4024003395214902505.jpg
d0b2aa6c792a2332a9857515f7708877.jpg
d732b36e2f28900119b6dac220d6e061.jpg

9704f6a64bd6d5e6bf838b489245b979.jpg
05fc9d55be965cf191e46f830aa4d46c.jpg

Last edited:
Any updates on your F25?

Looks like it has been a year or so since you replaced the RV4 with the F25. I am considering both and keep going back and forth as I suspect others are doing as well. Wondering if you might provide an update/additional comments on where you stand with the "new" tent? Happy camping!

devero4

Adventurer
Just received my Oztent RV-1 last week. (Wanted it to fit inside my 4Runner, and it does perfectly). Haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's so hot right now in Austin! Hopefully this weekend I can find a open spot near the lake. More info to come.

IMG_3128.jpg
IMG_3111.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online