*OFF THE MARKET *Price drop-2018 Earth Cruiser EXP turbo diesel, Boulder, Co. $239,000! 10th Anniversary Edition *OFF THE MARKET*

shade

Great thread...lots of useful and interesting information, thanks for being so thorough. I see lots of desert, and southern camping, what do you do when camping in bear country with the soft top?
Keep a clean camp and sleep easy. Backpackers routinely sleep in tents in more remote places than any vehicle will travel.

With few exceptions, camping in bear country isn't nearly as scary as it may seem. In a vehicle like the one for sale, it's practically a non-event. A determined bear can get into about any vehicle, but if you don't give them a reason to try, they usually move on to easier food sources. If bears are a significant concern, a portable bear fence can be used. Better to use one and not need it than have someone's sleep disturbed by worry.

shade

Congratulations on making the front page. I hope it helps your EC find a new home.

thinairathlete

Great thread...lots of useful and interesting information, thanks for being so thorough. I see lots of desert, and southern camping, what do you do when camping in bear country with the soft top?
Interesting and important question. We camp in black bear and grizzly country frequently. Being clean and tidy is first and foremost important. Bears are capable climbers but the soft top is 8' off the ground and the sides are slick. If we were having an issue we would put the top all or most of the way down. We have it that way in a few of the pictures. Thanks for asking.

thinairathlete

Congratulations on making the front page. I hope it helps your EC find a new home.

We have been traveling mostly full time for the last 7 years. Even though people call this glamping it is still pretty spartan living when you consider it full time. This was our step up from being so exposed to elements, being able to do work without sitting in a coffee shop for hours and feeling like we had at least a bit of a home. This has been an awesome and capable overland vehicle. Thanks!

thinairathlete

This extra clean, low milage (30,000 mi) Earthcruiser is still for sale. It will be in Moab, Utah for the next few days.
20190907_113929.jpg

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Great picture there, right above.

This shot clearly illustrates how easy these rigs are to drive and use in the true back country. The photo really puts things into proper perspective.

If anyone had any doubts whatsoever, thinking that this was maybe too large or too unwieldy, this picture should really put their mind at rest.

shade

Great picture there, right above.

This shot clearly illustrates how easy these rigs are to drive and use in the true back country. The photo really puts things into proper perspective.

If anyone had any doubts whatsoever, thinking that this was maybe too large or too unwieldy, this picture should really put their mind at rest.
Funny, I was just about to comment that unlike many of these larger vehicles, this one has been driven over rougher terrain than a Starbucks lot.

@thinairathlete - Are you selling it with an air compressor? Have you ever felt the need to air down for terrain?

thinairathlete

Funny, I was just about to comment that unlike many of these larger vehicles, this one has been driven over rougher terrain than a Starbucks lot.

@thinairathlete - Are you selling it with an air compressor? Have you ever felt the need to air down for terrain?
The Earthcruiser comes with a high output Extreme Air compressor, a 5 gallon Viair reserve tank, a hose and all accessories as well as a quick connect fitting on both sides of the truck. We air down often. As on all vehicles it provides a much more comfortable ride, better grip on the rocks and flotation in the sand. Air up and air down in 10 minutes or so. We have run 18 to 20# in the sand.
35014.jpeg
20190907_165500.jpg
35011.jpeg

thinairathlete

The Earthcruiser comes with a high output Extreme Air compressor, a 5 gallon Viair reserve tank, a hose and all accessories as well as a quick connect fitting on both sides of the truck. We air down often. As on all vehicles it provides a much more comfortable ride, better grip on the rocks and flotation in the sand. Air up and air down in 10 minutes or so. We have run 18 to 20# in the sand. View attachment 537177View attachment 537175View attachment 537176
Shade, by the way, we drive over Starbucks lots quite often but prefer to drive over the lots of smaller craft coffee shops.

shade

The Earthcruiser comes with a high output Extreme Air compressor, a 5 gallon Viair reserve tank, a hose and all accessories as well as a quick connect fitting on both sides of the truck. We air down often. As on all vehicles it provides a much more comfortable ride, better grip on the rocks and flotation in the sand. Air up and air down in 10 minutes or so. We have run 18 to 20# in the sand. View attachment 537177View attachment 537175View attachment 537176
And there's yet another reason to buy this fine vehicle. :)

Ramble4x4

We have been traveling mostly full time for the last 7 years. Even though people call this glamping it is still pretty spartan living when you consider it full time. This was our step up from being so exposed to elements, being able to do work without sitting in a coffee shop for hours and feeling like we had at least a bit of a home. This has been an awesome and capable overland vehicle. Thanks!
In my mind It certainly is an overland vehicle and you have been using it to overland. I cringe at the “glamping” reference in the article. I’m new to this forum and from my perspective it would be helpful to differentiate overlanding from off-roading from rock crawling and - yes - from glamping. Just saying...

shade

In my mind It certainly is an overland vehicle and you have been using it to overland. I cringe at the “glamping” reference in the article. I’m new to this forum and from my perspective it would be helpful to differentiate overlanding from off-roading from rock crawling and - yes - from glamping. Just saying...
Welcome to ExPo, and don't fret the labels. Car camping, overlanding, expedition travel, van life, glamping - the definitions overlap, and if someone gets too wrapped up in them, they may need to take a break and do more of whatever they want to call it.

thinairathlete

Lithium Ion battery management, solar charge controller, 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter and heavy duty switching to allow a separation or coupling of the truck and house. These are all smartly tucked away in under drivers side dinette seats. Never be stranded if one half has no power. Oh, did I say that the dinette cushions are finished in grey leather!
20190909_182937.jpg
20190909_184447.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior