Oct. weight loss challenge

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
Lost 2 more pounds... down to 210... Still shooting for my goal of 200 for now... eventually 190 would be nice, but that will take quite awhile, I'm sure. Same plan of attack, smaller portion sizes, more fresh fruits and veggies and exercise bike every morning. Taking the dog out every night hasn't been happening... I also had a moment of weakness at Costco and got a bag of Cape Cod potato chips... mmm... good! They are 40% reduced fat... so that means I can eat 40% more... right? :)

jim65wagon

I suppose I should post up. I was originally under the mistaken impression that the original thread was going to continue for a longer period of time and not be broken up into months. Then I started October off with a beach trip...in the meantime I'm still going to the Y five nights a week, busting my behind as hard as I can for an hour each night.

Results: still weigh about 206 meaning a 3lb weight loss from my original last month!

However; I'm slimmer, well not slim really, just less of me. My clothes fit looser. I don't die in a wheezing fit when I exercise hard for the time I have.

I still want to acheive a 180lb goal, but I'd settle for a 200 if I could kick a younger me in the rear for letting myself go!

lowenbrau

Explorer
I'm a few days late for this week's check in and a couple lbs heavier. After the disappointment of the canceled trip to Expo Trophy, we jumped on a plane to Montreal and spent the week eating cheese fondue, chocolate filed crepes and Montreal Smoked Meat.:26_34_3: :eatchicke :chef: Frankly I'm surprised I gained only a couple lbs. I'll go shopping today and fill the fridge with fruits and veggies and see if I can recover by next Monday's check in.

the dude

Adventurer
Down 4lbs this week. Working like a dog but stayed away from the fast food while on the road.

Bruce, are we going to get an update on your border crossing adventure?

lowenbrau

Explorer
Well, Montreal wasn't as bad as it seemed. I recovered by this morning to tie my all time low of 191 though my 188 goal for the month is looking unlikely. Still, pretty happy with the results overall. I got fat by gaining less than one pound a month, losing at that rate is pretty easy.

the dude

Adventurer
Down two more... 309 this morning.

Not sure how. Beer night on friday with Vern's Double Double on saturday...I think I am going to pay for that this week.

Fowl suppers are starting out here... I am in trouble.

Connie

Day walker, Overland Certified OC0013
I haven't posted to this thread because I was afraid to fail, but I've kept it in the back of my mind and keep checking back. I lost 4 pounds this month. My goal was only 3 because I usually set my sights too high and then tank when it becomes obvious that I'm not going to make it. So I'm with you next month.

Spikepretorius

Explorer
This month was quite bad for me. I pigged out and put the lbs on but i checked yesterday and was surprised to see I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the month. So I'll scratch this month and continue again where I started.

By the way when i posted a comment about the custard slice a few days ago that was genuine. I was literally stuffing my face with a custard slice when i stumbled upon this thread and had to make do with one finger typing.:eek:

jim65wagon

Spikepretorius said:
This month was quite bad for me. I pigged out and put the lbs on but i checked yesterday and was surprised to see I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the month. So I'll scratch this month and continue again where I started.

By the way when i posted a comment about the custard slice a few days ago that was genuine. I was literally stuffing my face with a custard slice when i stumbled upon this thread and had to make do with one finger typing.:eek:

Likewise a bad month for me. Starting out with a beach vacation (meaning, FOOD!), having my Dad visit for a few days (meaning FOOD! and WINE!), having Beths parents out for a few days (meaning more FOOD! and more WINE! and APPLE DUMPLINGS!). I managed to gain a few pounds back and missed more than a few days at the Y, but now with company gone, we're getting back on track, and I feel the weight gain will be a very temporary set back. I'll be back down to 206 in no time!

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Looks like we're having a bad month, overall.

Get with it!!! (with a finger pointing back at me, as well)

Spikepretorius said:

That's rich! I was wondering what you meant by it.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Oct was a bad month for me for sure, several Birthdays, work parties, taking people out where were changing positions and leaving. Vendors coming buy and taking us out to lunch.

I did manage to loose a pound and down to 204.

Had a cardiologist check up on Monday. Overall he was very happy with the 35lb I have lost this year. Wants me to shoot for 190lb. Wife was with me and she has decided to get me off the plateau I have been on for the last couple months and taking the reins in on my eating.

I'm on vacation starting today and all next week. We decided how to break where I am stuck at and how. She is going to calorie count for me and keep me around 1200-1500 calories a day. Cut out all the sugars and other bad stuff and bump the protein intake in their place. I'm going to try to put 20 miles a day peddling since I won't get my normal 9 mile commute in. I have a nice little loop that is a quick 10 miles with a could medium hills. So one loop in the morning one in the afternoon. Tomorrow I want to hit the Silver comet traill and run about 20-30 miles maybe more. Probably drop in at Rockmart run back to the tunnel at Brushy and then run back out Don Williams or Grady trail heads and back to the car for any locals that are interested.

I do feel accomplished in that despite us hitting freezing a couple days this week I rode everyday. :bike_rider:

With that said I need to go get 10 miles in before rush hour starts. See ya!

lowenbrau

Explorer
Grim Reaper said:
Overall he was very happy with the 35lb I have lost this year. Wants me to shoot for 190lb.

Congratulations on that! As of this morning, I'm right behind you with 30 lbs lost taking me to 189 and for the first time in a long time the calculators are saying I'm in the 'normal' range and not 'overweight'. I was on the cusp of 'obese' when I started at the end of January. Next challenge for me is to get to 180.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior