OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

WingShot

Without the roof ac, is it low enough that are you able to store this in a regular garage?
Not in ours. We picked up a Dweller13 a few weeks ago planning on storing it in the garage and it would not fit. Seems like just the vents on the roof make it too tall, but the TV antenna is for sure. Talked about removing the antenna, but with the skylight/vent it still didn't look like it would make it.

Not in ours. We picked up a Dweller13 a few weeks ago planning on storing it in the garage and it would not fit. Seems like just the vents on the roof make it too tall, but the TV antenna is for sure. Talked about removing the antenna, but with the skylight/vent it still didn't look like it would make it.

If it's within a few inches you might try airing down the tires to 15 psi or so, I used to do that with my truck/pop top truck camper to squeeze in.

gendlert

That's a bummer. They dropped the ball on that one. Why design a pop-up this size and not make it fit in 8 foot garage. Deal killer for me. That said it's a cool trailer

I guess. How many people have the luxury of both an 8' garage AND an extra parking space to put a trailer? It would fit just fine in an RV garage. Or outside. Think of it as your new outdoor pet. :)

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

If you have an 8 foot garage why do you need a parking space? I guess I live in a bubble but I am at 7,000 feet and we get 300 plus inches of snow so outside is not an option. Also hoa won't allow RV garage. Indoor storage is 300+ a month. My situation is admiddly unique but you have to admit it would have made since to make it a few inches shorter as it is a pop up.

Jeff Winner

jswinner
The spec sheet has it at 7'-7" closed, but did not believe that. I will go with @gendlert. HOA rules and there is no rv storage around here to be had at any price. So will need to relocate before trailer upgrade. We have a trailmanor that fits easily.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I checked out the MDC rigs the other day. One thing that I did not like and I am not sure it is on all models. The heater is electric Ac rooftop unit. Kind of like they just added it after the fact. I think since OBI Dweller is American owned they do a better job with Americanizing the wierd AU designs. Also on the MDC the under carriage protection on the gray tank is about the thickness of tin foil. Also I could be wrong but the cassette toilet seemed like it was 3 gallons. Also the swing arms of the suspension were only 11 inches off the ground. Maybe thier all like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles