Not your everyday KJ

xjman88

Adventurer
First off nice rig. Ive always liked the KJs. Marty at Rock Lizard fabs up some awesome armor. My xj was outfitted w his stuff. I too spent some time at Fort Hood and Carson. Loved Carson and Colorado. I used to wheel w Marty and the lost kj crew. Thanks for your service and sharing the memories.

HoneyBadger

Observer
Thanks for all the comments on my Rig and for my service. I enjoy serving my country and will continue to do so until I don't have any fight left in me.

Tommud is right and the rear bumper is from Marty at rocklizardfabrications.com, he is truly a great guy and has helped me out tremendously. He even drove my bumper and sliders out to Colorado and even installed them for me. Talk about service. He was also willing to make the change to the rear bumper to accept the two jerry cans on my request. His work is amazing and I can wait to see what else he comes up with.

I recognize my old stomping grounds up below Mt. Baldy, used to walk beyond the gate with my dog to take her swimming in the reservoir, very fun times camping and wheeling in that area. Not much up there for difficult trails, but so fun to explore and relax on a hot summer day. When my dog passes away I am going to be taking a trip up there to spread her ashes, it was where we first went to play when I got her. Are you ACR or BCT?

I am currently in a ABCT right now and will be sad when it's time to ship off. I serve as a 19D3B4, I am sure you can figure that out but if not PM me. I too love the trails out here. Old Stage and the trails that branch off have, in my opinion, been going downhill. Now you can't just enjoy a day out on the trails without running into a bunch of teenagers getting high or drunk up there. A lot of them do not have trail courtesy and just blow by you often times on dangerous sections of the road.

I currently have a Crane differential cover, hood louver panels, winch recovery kit and a rear cargo shelf on the way. I also have a Rock Lizard gas tank skid waiting to be painted and installed on my rig. Got to love tax season!!

ReconZJ

Observer
Nice job so far on the mods to the KJ, Louis! They're a lot more capable than people give them credit for, as you've found out. I've wheeled with the SoCalLostJeeps crew several times over the past few years, and they're a great group.

I was at Ft. Carson back in '74-75 before going to Germany for the remainder of my 4 year tour; was 11D20, recon squad leader. The Springs was a nice place to be stationed. Glad to hear you made it out of Afghanistan OK, and that you've taken up the cause from the rest of us old farts that are long beyond doing that sort of thing! From what I've read, the weapons you have at your disposal are a lot better than those we had 30 years ago (damn, that's a looong time!) :Wow1:

Hope to meet up with you some day and do some wheeing. Until then, keep the shiny side up on the KJ, and watch out for the bad guys!

LPIII

Observer
Nice rig, I see all sorts of builds here in Michigan near the Chrysler headquarters, you have a well executed KJ. Thank you for your service, and safe home.

Otter Whitewaterider

Disgruntled Otter
I'm late to the party here by nearly a year, but this is so awesome! I am very impressed with what you have done to your Liberty! It has inspired me to do more with my own Liberty! Thank you so much for sharing your riveting story and all your wonderful pictures! And, of course, thank you so much for everything you do for this great country of ours!

Otter Whitewaterider

Disgruntled Otter
Forgot to add... Have you done more with it since your last posting here? I would love to see the pictures and read the story behind it all! Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior