NorthstarTC650-n-Tundra

zidaro

Explorer
the roadside at Tunis is not marked.
It appeared that Ventura Co. was much more diligent about marking all roadside along Hwy1 with no Parking 10pm-5am, whereas the LA Co. was more lenient with some areas clearly not posted.
I ran across others doing the same, but not many.

Other areas are a bit more vague and you are on the fringes of receiving a citation, depending on your attitude i believe ;)
Personally, i had no issue with any law or parking patrols. The ones i did see, and they saw me, i had amiable conversations with and they had no outward trouble with where i was. But i also didn't "say" i was overnighting.

zidaro

Explorer
luv my pop up!!

DSC_0004_zps7d963679.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
Info I've saved up on sealants i prefer!
some good for vertical, some must be used if horizontal.
some permanent, some better for temp solutions like a grill cover.

BF2CA91B-108D-4581-B33D-5EC6765C702A_zpspgwqwxvt.jpg

and not Northstar at all:
repairing.replacing the ridiculous ARB fridge DC plug. Polarity! so one can splice in a battery/power connector of your choice

image_zpskvcsf92z.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
travelled up thru Nevadas remote Ruby Mtn range thru Idaho up into Whitefish/Kalispell Montana, then back south thru Yellowstone and Jackson Wyoming, across Utah back to E Sierras. Most was my daughter and i, visited my Dad in Kalispell, then picked up my wifey in Bozeman for the Yellowstone Jackson portion to home.
this was last summer- clearly it takes me awhile to catch up online :)
Great boon docking all along, finding remote sideroad tours, taking as much dirt as we could find along the way.

remote Nevada Hot Springs

DSC_0793_e-1_zpsklpgmsrd.jpg

IMG_2132_zps4ysdfwcn.jpg

touring dirt along the E. Ruby's

DSC_0804_e-1_zps3jo2gvww.jpg

boondocking in the parking lot at SunValley Ski area

IMG_1999_zpsforvxpmq.jpg

found this amazing dirt along the way across the sawtooth range. so we took it!!

DSC_0826_zpswrvnpnnm.jpg

DSC_0821_zpskhr4dwss.jpg

DSC_0835_zpsoxblpebs.jpg

Whitefish Ski area! best adventure ropes/sleds/ziplines we found (unless your in Costa Rica)

Z01_5961_zpsxpz2z7gf.jpg

IMG_0069_zpsk54gf1fp.jpg

Z01_5968_zpsxs09f2yk.jpg

IMG_2038_zps1mrczll4.jpg

HotairBallooning over Kalispell! With my Dad

IMG_0090_zpsfseic8no.jpg

IMG_0100_zpstdtwvr2f.jpg

IMG_0109_zps4dhmbwsw.jpg

Bam! along the W. Yellowstone border. S. of Bozeman We boondocked to wake to this trail

DSC_0843_zpswu5dvk3g.jpg

very fresh tracks. on the trail. bigger than my hand.

DSC_0847_zpsfiek4ggj.jpg

more boondocks W. of W. Yellowstone. easy bounce into the park in the am, but peaceful and quiet thru the night.

DSC_0928_zpskqdn31cq.jpg

DSC_0932_zpswpvlb8bm.jpg

Camping up above Gardiner, on N. border of Jellystone. No crowds.

DSC_0954_zpseywxvm3u.jpg

lunch watching Bison

DSC_0976_zpsrmo3xewt.jpg

DSC_1005_zpsujgqqrxi.jpg

scored a spot in the park! less chance than winning the lotto

DSC_0997_zpsbsmqm1o8.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
then we headed off to the Tetons

boon docking above Jackson on E side

DSC_1045_zpsyojuvnv3.jpg

happy couple :)

IMG_2074_zpsqdpzr77m.jpg

Boon docking out E. of Two Oceans Lake. Gand Teton Park. Theres Bear out Here ;)

DSC_1060_zpsb5q6fkke.jpg

DSC_1064_zpsaf83ztmk.jpg

IMG_2085_zps9vec7acp.jpg

amazing lightening storm surrounded up all night

DSC_1092_zps0duvbdmx.jpg

Swift Creek Outfitters took us for a horsie ride

IMG_0138_zps4u6ujgss.jpg

headed back to Jackson

IMG_2099_zpsz9pvp01k.jpg

Boondocking above Jackson, West side

DSC_1097_zpsqcg3tert.jpg

DSC_1103_zpsdv9t0kvd.jpg

DSC_1113_zpsqjjpbnws.jpg

IMG_2110_zps7arffd7r.jpg

then we threaded our way south west into Utah and Nevada. all amazing country. Love it.

Guri

Explorer
Nice photo shots... how the truck holds the miles? How may miles on the truck? Happy camper?
I love my tundra and zero issue so far.

zidaro

Explorer
Northstar makes a solid product but with weight FWC is the way

:) i used to think this way too.
I have a number of buddies with FWC setups. They are just not as comfortable. Period. and they all agree. They are lighter, yes. But I've never seen someone with a FWC go somewhere i couldn't.

If i was running my slide-in full-time on the truck this would be a bigger issue, but using it as a camper only when needed, the weight difference has no real bearing on the camping experience. But ill say what does is having a very comfortable camper that is much easier to set up and take down, and use in pop-top collapsed mode. My roof does not fall apart or leak like a sieve either.

on a side note- Love OB. Lived there for a few years while in college. On Lotus! miss those Dempsey breaky burritos!!

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Love the thread, and set up Thanks for keeping it updated. I just got a promotion and am looking forward to a northstar pop up in my future. It looks like you have rotopax installed on the front wall of the camper, any thoughts on how you like them, how they are mounted?

Thanks Happy travels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94