New Trooper Member!!!

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I was totally surprised when I drove it up onto that rock. A friend of mine who was with me has a 80-something Toyota p/u. He tried driving it up onto the rock, but he didn't get nearly as much articulation as I did and he has a beefed up suspension lift and everything.

My favorite pic out of these three would be the one on the bottom that shows my tires jammed up in the wheel-well. It turns out the only thing from keeping my axle from dropping even farthe were the Rancho RS5000s. I think I could of had a couple more inches of extension if I had extended shocks. I've even thought about re-attatching the shock mounts a little higher up so i can get more extension.

Zaphod

Adventurer
I think there would be a slight problem, however, if you kept driving forward over that rock. ;)

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Ya have to be careful, if your shocks are too tall, or extend to much, you could have a problem with your coils just fallin out.:rolleyes: :Mechanic:

AZTrooper

Adventurer
So it's been getting to below 0 temps up here. Due to these temps I think I'm springing a leak. The other morning I went outside to start up the trooper to let it warm up before I go to work.(I never drive it with a cold motor) I went outside to turn on the defrost to get the ice off my windshield when I smelled gas. I popped the hood and pulled of that annoying black plastic fancy manifold cover... lo-and-behold, a fuel leak coming from the 8" long rubber fuel line that connects both of the fuel rails. That was a simple fix. I went to Autozone and they gave me a foot of fuel line for free, and I picked up a couple line clamps. Ta-da!!!!! Fuel problem fixed.

Then I noticed a little bit off coolant in the snow under the trooper. I still have yet to pinpoint where this leak is coming from. It's not enough to get me really concerned yet, but may need to be addressed when it warms up. As of yet, it seems as though it's coming from a top bolt that holds the timing belt cover on. But, like I said, it's not enough to concern me yet.

Since the roads are icy and snowy now, I really wanna get that TOD upgrade. You know, the one that makes it so the fronts are getting the same amount of power the rears are. But, still too cold for me to get out there and deal with wires and whatnot while it's so freakin' cold. It was -7 degrees when I got up this morning.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Hey guys!!! My son was born this past Monday. Thought I'd add a few pictuers of him.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94