New shop van!!

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Okay it may be a little early to post but I picked up a van yesterday that is going to be used as a my shop van to haul material. I have had this 4bt cummins diesel sitting on the shelf for about four years waiting for the perfect chassis to put it in. I have finally found it. It is a 1973 econoline E100. In its current form it has a 351 windsor, c4, power brakes and steering and a 9inch rear end. Since I am silly busy right now the first plans are to clean it up, get it safe, tagged, and reliable. Once I get a little caught up around here it will be getting dana 60s front and rear hydroboost brakes, 4bt cummins, nv4500 or zf 5speed and a 205 t-case. Throw in some 33s or 35s some ccv logos and call it a day. And my girl friend is leaning towards a custom mahogny poptop clear coated so we may have to see about that but first things first 4wd and a diesel
Here it is in all of its glory.

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7620.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
love it!
you gotta keep the wing even with the pop top

oh and wow that doghouse comes way into the passenger area!

Toolman

Explorer
You're going about it all wrong..

chain steering wheel, rear shackles only, foot print gas pedal and giant mural painted on the sides then call it done. :smiley_drive:

that is in great shape !! nice find

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Funny this got bumped

I just scored a 8 lug dana 44 axle for the front I was wanting this axle to keep the unsprung weight low and as of now this will not be a wheeler persay I just need the 4wd to get to my shop in the winter time. So the parts pile is growing so far I have the cummins 4bt diesel 44 front 60 rear with a limited slip I am just lacking the 5 speed overdrive and a t-case and the conversion will commence. I can't wait to see that shiny chrome C badge on the front fenders!!
So far I got the interior gutted and new seats installed on swivels and started on the minor body repair that is needed before the custom paint and lettering gets laid down. The boards were to hold up the ceiling cross members when I reglued them to the sheet metal the old glue was brittle and let lose making driving the van resemble driving the inside of a snare drum!!
IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

at some point in time the driver rear tire blew a tread off and took out the rear quarter panel folding it up and ripping out the floor behind the wheel well. Floor is repaired and the quarter panel pulled out very nicely. You can see where i cooked the paint that is not rust.
Notice the dual sunroofs that put it over the top! =)
IMG_1278.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior