New Jeep - Gladiator Rubicon

Bobzdar

Observer
Its hard to tell from the pic what tire size you have on the Gladiator? 33s or 35s?

Cheers

33's, it's stone stock.

Yesterday I installed the winch I pulled off of my JLUR, but that's the extent of planned modifications unless I can figure out where/how to install the trail kitchen I had in my JLUR, not sure if that makes sense without a cap and would probably require drilling into the bed.

LilPoppa

Adventurer
The above ad is from a Canadian dealer. There are a lot of unscrupulous dealers in the U.S. who are adding several thousand dollars to the MSRP. If you add every possible option to a Rubicon, it totals $64,110 U.S.. There are dealers tacking on an additional $3K-5K. I ordered my well-equipped Rubicon on April 27. It had an MSRP of $54,050. I paid slightly over $50K.

I received a VIN yesterday so I should have the vehicle in a few weeks.

This dealer is adding some extra costs as well. I was at a dealer in Surrey BC a couple weeks ago, and their new JLs were going for up to $78,000. I just "Build Your Own"'d one online and came to $57,00 CAN. I looked at their stock before I got my JKUR and they were asking for more than $10,000 what I paid for.

Jurfie

Adventurer
This dealer is adding some extra costs as well. I was at a dealer in Surrey BC a couple weeks ago, and their new JLs were going for up to $78,000. I just "Build Your Own"'d one online and came to $57,00 CAN. I looked at their stock before I got my JKUR and they were asking for more than $10,000 what I paid for.

Unfortunately that seems to be the norm around here (LM BC) when a new model comes out; order one from the factory and wait forever, or pony up the $$ to drive one off the lot. Personally, I'd wait.

Mako1114

Adventurer
Looks great! Definitely my next vehicle. The only mods I will do is add a winch, remove the front bumper wings and swap in 35s.

Cheers

STREGA

Explorer
Saw my first Gladiator yesterday in Prescott, Az. It was a Rubicon in all black which would not be my choice of color(OK I know black is not a color), have to say I was impressed enough to put it at the top of my list for my next truck, the wife like it also ? Of course it will still have to go through a test drive and see what other people who buy one have to say about their experiences with it is. I'am at least a year out before I will be aquiring my next vehicle so it will be interesting to see how well the truck does in the real world and all the cool accessories that will be made for them.

Last edited:

Bobzdar

Observer
What are you using for a brake controller?

I have a Hopkins Agility brake controller that I've had for almost 10 years and have moved from tow vehicle to tow vehicle. I just bought the Tekonsha Jeep harness pigtail and spliced the wires up to the brake controller, plugged it in under the dash and went. If I were buying a new one, I'd get a tekonsha that plugs directly into the harness so it's completely plug and play. Jeep is supposed to be releasing one that replaces the 12v outlet on the dash, so I might grab that when it comes just for the cleaner install.

Last1Left

Well I did exactly this today my red arc would not work. So I picked up the tekonsha it works. But manual operation causes precollision and stability control to turn off.

Any ideas? Did you experience this?

Bobzdar

Observer
Well I did exactly this today my red arc would not work. So I picked up the tekonsha it works. But manual operation causes precollision and stability control to turn off.

Any ideas? Did you experience this?

Nope, just plugged in and went. Are you sure you got the Jeep version and not the Ram version? The plug is the same for both but the wiring is different (no idea why).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles